Balmain Resort 2014

Prairie

Reaction score
Olivier Rousteing demonstrated a softer touch for resort by contrasting athletic influences with a more fragile sense of femininity. “I wanted something lighter, and took inspiration from ballerinas, the tutus, the tulle and lace, but mixed with something sporty,” he said. The designer did so mainly through his fabric choices, which ranged from Chantilly lace and plumetis tulle to black leather and denim.
Staying true to his Nineties proclivities, Rousteing also continued to play with elaborate embroidery, here in pastel-colored roses and chain motifs, as well as a large houndstooth embellished with black Swarovski Elements. While a feather-hemmed white coatdress felt delicate, a black quilted leather jacket and stone-washed denim cowboy shirts veered on the boyish side, as did black and white tweed dungarees, which he countered with lace T-shirts.

wwd

I wish Balmain would give up with that god awful houndstooth really..

Agree about the houndstooth; although I gotta say, that first pic/dress looks wonderful. Very pretty details, very lux, i'm sure it costs as much as a nice Mercedes, but whatever.

I really love Olivier's aesthetic ! This is beautiful and cannot wait to see the full collection !

this actually looks more Chanel than Balmain

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->