Balmain S/S 2019 Paris

Sincerely, i like this collection.
Few denim looks are really chic.

I would agree that about 10% of this collection has something to offer, but the rest is OTT, unoriginal, and just plain ugly.

I see that this designer has great skills when it comes to constructing but he really, REALLY needs to edit...cut the looks in half and give us something down to earth on top of that.

He has to spend more time in the Balmain archives because at some point the 80’s shoulder pad, super v cut dresses will get tiresome....hopefully soon...

I would agree that about 10% of this collection has something to offer, but the rest is OTT, unoriginal, and just plain ugly.

I see that this designer has great skills when it comes to constructing but he really, REALLY needs to edit...cut the looks in half and give us something down to earth on top of that.

He has to spend more time in the Balmain archives because at some point the 80’s shoulder pad, super v cut dresses will get tiresome....hopefully soon...

Hehehehe,
if i have to choose between Balmain and Off-White, i will choose Balmain. Some pieces are really cool , nothing can top O/White by VA.

I love the middle part with the denim, pink, and nudes. Stunning. The end, really should have only been about 5 black outfits and 5 white ones at the start.

It’s a sad state when Balmain has one of the better collections of the season...but as usual about 10 looks too many. Nothing wrong with a little editing!

I love Egypt and Egyptian inspired things, but this is tragic. First, there are too many looks and, secondly, it looks confused and not focused at all. It's clunky and a highly tacky. It's higher-end Fashion Nova.

When you call yourself a fashion designer; and all you make is copying from past designers work...

Be careful with those shoulder pads, you are gonna take out someone´s eyes with them!!

I'm obsessed with those pleated pieces with a round silhouette in outfit numer 2, 6 and 80.:heart:
Usually I don't like Balmain but this one really got me!

This is actually good, I bet we will see a lot of this on red carpets and editorials.

The shoulders reminds me of one of my beloved Margiela jacket from the s/s 2007! So i’ll Try to not be too harsh with this collection.

Olivier, much like Michele needs someone to help him edit . It’s just too much at some point. Those hideous plastic boots, this insane shape affair, the glitz, the pleats...etc.

There’s this thing about Olivier: no matter how detailed his garnments are, it looks cheap because there’s no sophistication in the allure.

Completely forgot about Balmain. I think their hype is slowly withering away. No amount of Loreal collabs will change that.

Don't want to approach this collection with Off White in mind because I'll just give it unwarranted passes. It's tacky and cheesy, more like the feminine accompaniment to Philip Plein. There's just no wit to it. And for this specific brand and market, it's a bleeding shame. The denim sequence must be the worst I've ever seen from Le Kardashian.

There are some hits and misses in this collection, but I prefer this season to some of Oliver's most other recent seasons. I really liked the contrast in some of the final looks with the cuts and the black & white coloured combos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheB
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"