Balmain S/S 2019 Paris

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by vogue28, Sep 28, 2018.

1. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

2. vogue28

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

3. vogue28

VOGUE.COM

4. vogue28

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

5. Fashionstuff

Fashionstuff http://fashionworldstuff.

Sincerely, i like this collection.
    Few denim looks are really chic.

6. GivenchyAddict

GivenchyAddict Well-Known Member

Chanel, Balenciaga by Wang and Iris Von Herpen in a nutshell. A dash of "too much" to make it very Balmain!

Benn98 and jeanclaude like this.
  7. GERGIN

GERGIN Well-Known Member

I would agree that about 10% of this collection has something to offer, but the rest is OTT, unoriginal, and just plain ugly.

I see that this designer has great skills when it comes to constructing but he really, REALLY needs to edit...cut the looks in half and give us something down to earth on top of that.

He has to spend more time in the Balmain archives because at some point the 80’s shoulder pad, super v cut dresses will get tiresome....hopefully soon...

ghostwriter10549 likes this.
  8. christian zh

christian zh Well-Known Member

I love Stephane Rolland and Fausto Sarli.

Benn98 likes this.
  9. Fashionstuff

Fashionstuff http://fashionworldstuff.

Hehehehe,
    if i have to choose between Balmain and Off-White, i will choose Balmain. Some pieces are really cool , nothing can top O/White by VA.

10. dodencebt

dodencebt Well-Known Member

What a beautifully curated exhibition of Miyake, Montana and Mugler mixed with some newer Stephane Rolland and Alexandre Vauthier.

danielabravo, Benn98, Frida and 2 others like this.
  11. gossiping

gossiping Well-Known Member

I love the middle part with the denim, pink, and nudes. Stunning. The end, really should have only been about 5 black outfits and 5 white ones at the start.

12. kenndale

kenndale Active Member

It’s a sad state when Balmain has one of the better collections of the season...but as usual about 10 looks too many. Nothing wrong with a little editing!

Benn98 likes this.
  13. Salvatore

Salvatore Wanderlust

I love Egypt and Egyptian inspired things, but this is tragic. First, there are too many looks and, secondly, it looks confused and not focused at all. It's clunky and a highly tacky. It's higher-end Fashion Nova.

Benn98 likes this.
  14. jeanclaude

jeanclaude Well-Known Member

When you call yourself a fashion designer; and all you make is copying from past designers work...

Be careful with those shoulder pads, you are gonna take out someone´s eyes with them!!

15. June

June Well-Known Member

I'm obsessed with those pleated pieces with a round silhouette in outfit numer 2, 6 and 80.:heart:
    Usually I don't like Balmain but this one really got me!

16. zacatecas570

zacatecas570 Well-Known Member

This is actually good, I bet we will see a lot of this on red carpets and editorials.

17. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

The shoulders reminds me of one of my beloved Margiela jacket from the s/s 2007! So i’ll Try to not be too harsh with this collection.

Olivier, much like Michele needs someone to help him edit . It’s just too much at some point. Those hideous plastic boots, this insane shape affair, the glitz, the pleats...etc.

There’s this thing about Olivier: no matter how detailed his garnments are, it looks cheap because there’s no sophistication in the allure.

ghostwriter10549 likes this.
  18. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Completely forgot about Balmain. I think their hype is slowly withering away. No amount of Loreal collabs will change that.

Don't want to approach this collection with Off White in mind because I'll just give it unwarranted passes. It's tacky and cheesy, more like the feminine accompaniment to Philip Plein. There's just no wit to it. And for this specific brand and market, it's a bleeding shame. The denim sequence must be the worst I've ever seen from Le Kardashian.

ghostwriter10549 and jeanclaude like this.
  19. liberty33r1b

liberty33r1b Well-Known Member

awful collection tbh

jeanclaude likes this.
  20. bluestar

bluestar Well-Known Member

There are some hits and misses in this collection, but I prefer this season to some of Oliver's most other recent seasons. I really liked the contrast in some of the final looks with the cuts and the black & white coloured combos.