Balmain S/S 2024 : Gisele Bündchen by Rafael Pavarotti

Fierce! Cannot even begin to describe how much life and energy these images are already giving me. A total feast for the eyes. There's absolutely nothing I dislike here, could rave all day about Pavarotti's photography, the vibrant colours, the hairography, how gorgeous and statuesque Gisele looks... :heart:

Giving me tackyness without any distance or humor. Pavarotti sucks.

I’m more and more tired of Pavarotti’s aesthetic but I like his work for Balmain!

Gisele has such a commanding presence! She is very charismatic and the campaign is really all about her!
It’s a HIT!

I love a OG campaign and this is perfect! This campaign will have an impact on billboards!

I wouldn’t mind her being in the FW2024 campaign either.

I don’t like this flat style like for his September cover stories with the supers. But Gisele is an absolute star. There’s no denying that!

Could be a very low end high street princess poly type campaign if it were not for Gisele.

This campaign will have an impact on billboards!
I thought about the same thing, but I hope there is no unconscious pushback as we have this traditional "sexualized doll" woman type of campaign. In some shots she looks smouldering hot and I hope that it does not distract from how amazing this campaign is, considering the current standards of keeping everything overly safe and unsuggestive.

Also I should say I did not expect Balmain to bring one of the best campaigns of the seasons, and along with Alaïa too.

Wonder if some others also think this season we are having a lot of great campaigns and this gives some hope? LV is sterile, clinical, but looks great. Chanel with Rianne is amazing, now all of the Gisele we had. Bottega does artsy right for once too, Versace is so good as well. Can we be hopeful now even a little bit?

Wonder if some others also think this season we are having a lot of great campaigns and this gives some hope? LV is sterile, clinical, but looks great. Chanel with Rianne is amazing, now all of the Gisele we had. Bottega does artsy right for once too, Versace is so good as well. Can we be hopeful now even a little bit?

I do think we are having a little fashion renaissance at the moment. Vogue is dying, but unexpected little magazines are thriving. Ad campaigns are absolutely fabulous. Collections are still rocky, but some remain strong. I'm cautiously optimistic about it all. Wouldn't get my hopes too high, but we should enjoy it while it lasts!

I do think we are having a little fashion renaissance at the moment. Vogue is dying, but unexpected little magazines are thriving. Ad campaigns are absolutely fabulous. Collections are still rocky, but some remain strong. I'm cautiously optimistic about it all. Wouldn't get my hopes too high, but we should enjoy it while it lasts!
I am cautious too, but we will see. Frankly, I like less mainstream media, but I am also sad that underground does not exist anymore. There is no more risk and challenge to be memorable, but at Vogue the same thing and less production. I am worried that the finances may flow into campaigns and stuff like merchandise, boutiques, e-commerce and so on, instead of actual media presence, and eventually we may be stuck with great campaigns, but no great editorial content. Fingers crossed we see a resurgence. And looking back at the editorials of Vogue US, VP too, we don't need huge budgets even for great imagery.

I have to say I disagree about this season, campaign-wise. For me, most of the major brands (LV, Gucci, Balenciaga, Fendi, Valentino, Burberry, Prada, Loewe, Dior, Miu Miu, and the list goes on) are average or below average for their respective brand standards. Saint Laurent and Ferragamo are fine, star power is helping but I’m not gagging. Only Chanel, Balmain, and Dolce & Gabbana come to mind as having unusually strong campaigns.

I don't know. I see what you mean, now that you list them like that, but there's a sense of enthusiasm I personally feel about fashion lately. Sadly, it isn't brought to me by new talent but by the reccurence of fashion veterans, both in magazines and advertising. I feel like we've seen a lot of good content lately in a short span of time, which could either be clouding my judgement or signaling a turn towards a more interesting future. I hope it's the latter. We have all these new designers, things are shaking up... Maybe something good falls out of it all. Who knows.

It’s the 4th time I come here to see the pictures. So good!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blondblondblond
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->