Balmain S/S 2025 Paris

has echo from a great past, there were delicious colors and you cant asleep actually

It’s... amusing. It’s like a cartoonish version of 2010s fashion, and while I don’t mind something being exactly what it is without being pretentious (I really appreciate that nowadays) it's worrying that all this it's made very seriously, creatively speaking.

Wonder who still buys it...

you know, he gets so much grace - an incredible amount of grace - and patience, and i love that for him. no shade, i honestly do. but he's the guy who has potential and that's all it is: speculative potential (aka surmised potential) with inconsistently minuscule follow through.

it's not even brilliance; just flickers of smart tailoring here and there, good them ideas, yet it all lacks cohesion, editing, and worst of all, execution. this whole collection is regressive and i can't even say enervate because he is designing at his level, at his peak. wanting better is wanting something that never existed and was never going to manifest.

i am comfortable in my opinion that he's not a great designer, not legendary, just mediocre with a healthy budget and system of support. a sentient prop with sympathetic sob stories. i commend and respect his hustle and ability to have had such a long, prominent career thus far.

A caricature of Decarnin, mixed with a bit of Gaultier (both from JPG directly, and also from his HC collab collection); and pink and red satins leftovers from Balmain f/w 2013.

This feels like an uncanny valley version of Decarnin's Balmain. Olivier exaggerates the silhouettes so much, that I'm not sure whether he is trying to praise his predecessor's work or mock it.

I think its one of his best collections in a while. the hourglass silhouette on the skirts is just gorgeous...nobody else is producing stuff like this to be sold as RTW...

the massai stuff at the end is pure gaultier. the vertical quilting too... the evolution of the perfume dresses are here as well...

i cant bring myself to dislike any of his works. There is something very honest and genuine in his creations. He himself is the embodiment of his works and i can see that its a very personal process for him. He is Balmain and its nice to see a brand with such longevity similar to karl for chanel.
I agree, he's an easy designer to make fun of, but he really is coming from a place of honesty with his designs. There's no cynicism here, he's not making fun of the buyers, the clients, the audience, etc. Do I think his designs are particularly good? No. Are they tacky to the nth degree? Yes. Do I actually care about Balmain? No. Is he trying his best? Probably.

I mean to his credit Regarding the Decarnin-ism…Olivier joined Balmain from Cavalli in November 2008 as a design director. So technically, Fall 2009 was his first collection.
He is maybe reclaiming that part of that heritage.

What worked for Decarnin was the High and low that he does perfectly and the very on point styling and editing of Emmanuelle. And I think Decarnin was very classic in some ways because he came from Paco Rabanne, that tradition of Couture (even though somehow Paco was detached from that) and Apostrophe who was a RTW brand (similar to Sandro). There was something very light, free about his woman.

Olivier’s stuff is very controlled and maybe sometimes contrived and it has been the case since the first collection.

Y’all have already read the collection enough for me.

I can’t get over how the cast was not meshing at all. They had 00s icons, mixed with C tier models, and a few niche favs…come onnnn…and they came out in sections , then stopped, then again…It didn’t make sense.

Yes ok, but the main question is: was he wearing heels while taking his bow? Looks like he was wearing shark lock cargo boots!

The faces on fabric make me think of Prada 2014 personally. The rest makes of Jennyfer... if you know, you know XD

This collection reminded me of an episode of Project Runway where a participant did a look with a questionable taste shoulder pads, but someone did worse than him and he went to the next stage, then he repeated those shoulder pads and was eliminated...

I don't like the collection, but it's a fact that there is an effort put into it, the effect of the first dress is beautiful. The question is this: Is this all enough? A rhetorical question.

It looks so dated. There's really nothing desirable here, I'm sorry.
His last collection for Fall/Winter was a lot better than this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
italop2
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->