Banana Republic

Luna

offline.
Reaction score
So yea.. I'm a poor student, and I never really spend more than 30 bucks on jeans.. :lol:

But I was in BR yesterday, LOVE THE PETITE SECTION! The rise of the jeans actually fit me.. and they fit me in the ***.. and they were more like trouser jeans... like jeans I could probably wear to work... when I'm out of school.

Is it really worth it to spend the money for the jeans... does anyone know of their quality?

I've had jeans and I've had them like fall apart on me, and it angers me when a favorite pair gets worn out!

So.. Yea..

Anyone?

I don't know about the fit and feel, but there was a pair in the Elle major fall issue on the far left of the jeans article..... they were so orgasmic :heart:

They fit and felt awesome. I tried them on. I was just wondering on quality of BR's stuff.. I never buy from there.

I am not sure about women's, but I bought a pair of men's BR jeans a few years back and they fit very well.

Do Banana Republic coats/jackets run BIG?

br258926-00b.jpg

Do Banana Republic jackets/coats ( such as the one posted above ) run on the bigger side? A lot of people have told me that BR runs reeeeeeeally big in terms of pants, shirts, dresses...but does it also apply for jackets/coats?
I don't know whether to get a Medium or Small...I have 36C boobs, if that helps any. Also, because I'm so SHORT...I don't know if their PETITE sizes would be better. I'm only petite in height though hehe :wink:
I also consulted the measurements provided on their site ( see below ), but I don't know if they're reliable or not. Anyone care to shed some light on this issue? :smile: TIA!
SIZE BUST NATURAL WAIST LOW WAIST HIP

S 34" 26" 29" 36"
S 35" 27" 30" 37"
M 36" 28" 31" 38"
M 37" 29" 32" 39"

Hey Tia :flower:

BR sizes run big in comparison to designer sizes, but their size chart accurately reflects their own sizes imo so I'd follow what they suggest. And I would go with Petite if I was you :wink:

:blink: that's ridiculously big. I'm not little by any means, and i fit into the smallest measurements you posted. I'm 5'5 and about 120 lbs. how would someone 5' and 100 lbs shop there?

Em

They have a petite range availabe online or at certain stores.
The petite sizing can get really small!

Personally I find that BR sizes run a tad bigger but it's not that much. Just stick to your usual sizes and I think it'll be fine!

Do Gap and BR use the same sizing?

I was at the Gap yesterday and I tried on a similar wool coat. The Small fit perfectly in terms of everything BUT the chest area, where it was just a tad bit snug. However, the Medium was really loose around the arm area.

Unfortunately, the coat is not available in Petites since it's from the Spring/Summer 2005 collection, and the only place I can find it is on Ebay.

Thanks to everyone for their input! :smile:

Your welcome miss.tania :wink: Welcome to tFS :flower:

Gap and BR probably use the same sizing measurements since they're owned by the same parent company, but I'd say BR is a step above Gap in consistency. Gap always seems to have discrepancies in their sizing and cuts where I've never had an issue in BR...

Wow, I am SO confused lol.

I really don't know whether to take a M or a S now. I like my coats fitted, but if the Small is going to be TOO small...that's not good, either.

You guys are really killing my lemming lol :cry:

^ Awwww...sorry for that miss.tania :flower:

Going by your chest measurement, I think you should try a size 6. Is there any BR store in your area that you can try the clothes on?

Hehe, thanks for the flower :P

Unfortunately, I do not have any BR's near me. Things would've been a whole lot easier if I did lol :wink:

miss.tania said:
Do Banana Republic jackets/coats ( such as the one posted above ) run on the bigger side? A lot of people have told me that BR runs reeeeeeeally big in terms of pants, shirts, dresses...but does it also apply for jackets/coats?

Yes they do, they practice "vanity sizing" (making middle age women feel like they are not putting on the pounds). Yes, their clothing is cut very big - their category is "Misses". My sister has that same jacket you posted. She's got it at the Banana Republic Outlet. She very very tiny and buys the smallest size they got and it still loose on her. I wear a size 2 in Banana Republic and Gap, and I'm 5'0 and 100 pounds and their clothing is loose on me too, getting ready to go down to a size 0 myself!

I shop Petites now since I lost alot of weight. What I've noticed is that there is a lot of vanity sizing. Especially in popular brands of the better-made clothing in the "Misses" category. It's like they cut the clothes for women with wide hips and flat behinds, that still want to believe they wear a size "4", when they "4" is really sized like a 8 or 10.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am very frustrated with their quality lately.

I bought two sweaters and both shed like you wouldn't believe. One is cashmere, and it's not supposed to shed at all. I also noticed a hole in the armpit of one of the sweaters after only having worn it twice.

So, can I return these, despite having worn them already? I have the receipt for one, and the other receipt is lost. To make matters worse, my credit card was stolen, so I had to have another issued and it has different #s. Will they credit my new card?

Basically, just wondering if anybody knows how their customer service is with respect to returns, etc.

Thanks in advance.

I've always been pleased with their customer service. Definitely worth a shot to see if you can return :flower:

You can definatley return it. I had the same thing happen to me with a black cashmere hoodie where I found a small whole and I had worn it like once. So I took it back an explained the situation and they exchanged it right away. However since you did use your credit card, make sure you take identification.

From this type of store, I only buy basics - I bought a couple of the men's 'fitted crews' with the raw edges in contrasting colors to layer and I must say they look great - and the fabric's good for the price, as well as the fit and quality.

Sorry about your credit card, I know how worrying that can be :(

I am a former employee of the company, and our return policy is set up so that basically you can return anything at anytime as long as you have your original receipt, especially if it fell apart in the manner you described. I remember having people return items with blood on them, and swim suits that had obviously been worn that had..uhm...white stains on the crotch. Basically, if we accept that, you should definitely have no problem! As for the credit card issue, I would just explain the situation, and they should be able to just put it on your new card or give you a gift card. They also have a receipt look up function on the registers, if you made the purchase in the past 45 days and have the item and the credit card/ credit card number, they should be able to find the purchase. Good luck:smile:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->