BCBG Max Azria S/S 2014 New York

This all looks so frumpy and unflattering. I swear they are the most try-hard brand in NYFW. They try to portray themselves as a serious fashion brand and almost always fail miserably. BCBG should stay in the mid-level lane and not shoot for unattainable stars...

that last dress reminded me of Jason Wu but apart from that I liked pretty much everything, nothing too exciting obviously.

The clothes are amazing I love seeing all the details, the shoes are must have.

September 05, 2013 New York
By Brittany Adams

BCBG Max Azria is entering its twenty-fifth year in business. But judging by today's runway show, the brand isn't experiencing any kind of quarter-life crisis. At a preview of the new collection over the weekend, co-designer Lubov Azria said that she and husband Max approached this season by reflecting on their archives and identifying the pieces that felt the most meaningful. "In the end, we realized that it was less about particular pieces and more about the overall process."

So instead of looking to the past, the couple decided to start with a clean slate, and reinterpreted classic men's shirts by deconstructing and reconstructing the crisp staple in a variety of unexpected ways—as though a woman equipped with scissors and a sewing kit got creative while rifling through her husband's dry cleaning. The cascading peplum on a chambray skirt was fabricated from a shirt yoke, for example, while belts were actually spliced-together cuffs. A tuxedo-inspired jumpsuit featured an untucked tail in back. Staying true to the label's feminine DNA, the Azrias softened up all that starched cotton and tailored twill with swaths of silk georgette and sheer mesh panels. In the second half of the lineup, floaty floral maxi numbers and an asymmetric black, beaded tulle gown felt more familiar for BCBG, but they didn't have the freshness as those opening shirtdresses.

Source: style.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rearjepaj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->