Beasts of the Southern Wild (2012)

TREVOFASHIONISTO

Reaction score
I'd thought I'd make a thread because I think this precious little girl will be getting a lot of talk during awards season for her performance if this is submitted, and I don't know if many have heard of this movie but it is brilliant! Probably one of the most beautifully shot movies I've seen as well

Faced with her father's fading health and environmental changes that release an army of prehistoric creatures called aurochs, six-year-old Hushpuppy leaves her Delta-community home in search of her mother.
Bio via IMDb

I've herd some pretty fantastic things about Beasts of the Southern Wild. Quvenzhané Wallis, the little girl in the film, looks pretty amazing just from the trailer alone. It's already won awards at Sundance, Cannes, and the LA Film Festival so it looks like it's shaping up to be nominated during award season. I'm hoping to see the film soon, will probably have more to say once I see it.

lifeandstylemag

Yes, she's incredible ... just loved the whole movie, the best I've seen in awhile :heart:

I just love her white rainboots in the movie--and her underwear as outerwear (her mother liked to dress the same way I noticed :wink:).

PS Here she is:

Attachments

• beasts-of-the-southern-wild-movie-review.jpg
    beasts-of-the-southern-wild-movie-review.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CincyCritic