Becoming a Makeup Artist - training, schools and breaking into the biz

I am in the same boat! I am an Esthetician and Makeup Artist. I have been working for dermatologists, medspas, and for myself for the past 7 years, but am really interested in getting into the makeup part of the field now. I am also a Permanent Makeup Artist, and I love this, but want to build a portfolio for makeup artistry. It seems hard and challenging, but isnt that when its most fulfilling!!? The economy just needs to pick up some...oyyy does it ever.

I have an occasional work as a makeup artist, I worked at the counter for Lancome for some time and this August I'm taking 5day course by pixiwoo, they are great teachers - Samantha and Nicola Chapman, their web site is fashionface.tv, oh, and the course will be in London. I want to improve my skills and try to understand if I love doing make up more than working in the local magazine as a fashion editor (which is my current job) :smile:

I'm a make-up artist since december'10. Is not a long time, so I made just a few jobs and don't have a big network.
But, luckily, I start contact at facebook with a designer. And she is very good, her brand catwalks on Fashion Rio. And she gave me invitation to her show and I went.

Now, she wants to meet me and I'm freaking out! Cuz, realize guys, I'm a "nobody" at fashion business and I'll have the opportunity to meet a good designer!
So, what do I do? I mean, it's a great chance, isn't?

It could be - just don't go with any expectations or you will get over/underwhelmed!

Accept a meeting! Be prepared. Bring your portfolio, some answers ready for what you think she may ask (study her brand a bit), and bring a smile! Remember she's only human and this could be mutually benefical! Good luck, love.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->