Reaction score

height: 179.5cm/5'10"
bust: 86cm/34"
waist: 60.5cm/24"
hips: 90cm/24"
shoe: 41eu/10us/8uk
hair: brown
eyes: brown
agencies: Pulse (MA) | Muse (NY) | M+P (London)
instagram: @bella.khaira.newman

musenyc | mandpmodels

Bella’s Story

I was scouted by Nancy, one of Pulse’s scouts, at a volleyball tournament in Connecticut almost two years ago. If I were to describe my journey from then until now in three words… it would be incredible, educational, and hard.

As a sophomore in college, living in Manhattan, I was very focused on school, volleyball, and just being a teenager. Modeling has always been something I’ve dreamed about since being a young kid but I never really thought about how I would get into the industry. As soon as I spoke to Stacey Eastman, I knew we could make that dream a reality. Stacey’s belief in me, and consistent love and support showed me that he was willing to do whatever it took if I was willing to do the same- and I was.

Obviously being an athlete my whole life, having spent a lot of my life either invested in swimming, basketball, dance, or volleyball, I naturally had a strong figure that would allow me to model, but also restrict me from my full potential in the industry. Luckily, I had so much support around me, especially from my Mum, that I decided I wanted to alter my lifestyle, so I limited the junk in my life, (such as ordering Domino’s every weekend), and sustained a healthy lifestyle. Not only did this help improve my performance at school, my mental happiness, and in my other activities, but my body followed along as well.

In my senior year of high school, I stopped playing volleyball at the intensity level I was, and focused more on school, friends, and gaining other hobbies. I got really into Pilates, yoga, running (sometimes), and cooking. Obviously eating healthy came with its challenges, but I dealt with it by falling in love with food- quite ironic. I would say I became a “baking queen”. I used healthy alternatives such as coconut or almond flour, and agave or honey, when baking banana breads, or brownies, or chocolate chip muffins. My Mum has always filled our fridge with healthy and organic ingredients, and is an amazing chef herself, so breakfasts, lunches, and dinners were not only healthy, but delicious! But realistically, I was 17 and craved sugar and carbs often. This was a lifestyle change, not a diet which means if I wanted ice cream, I ate ice cream, and if I wanted pizza, I ate pizza!! I learned how to create balance in my life which has allowed me to sustain this lifestyle and my healthy body. Like I’ve mentioned, I’ve always been very active so I worked out and still work out a lot; for me, working out is fun because I workout the way I want to. Taking Pilates and yoga classes, or going for a run in central park became apart of my routine. But I think overall, what has allowed me to get to where I am today, especially with what a lot of people struggle with the most- their bodies- is always making sure I put my happiness first and remembering that I am doing this for me and my dream.

So when senior year was coming to an end, Stacey really encouraged me to break into this industry. I had a few more things to do, such as graduate, take a few trips for school and with my friends, but I was really ready. In August 2017, Stacey got me in touch with Connor Kennedy from MUSE management in NYC. I went to see MUSE, and after making a plan about my future, signed a contract with them. Although I lived in NYC, I was on a student visa as I only hold a British passport. So MUSE, Pulse, and I agreed that going to London and signing with an agency there would allow me to get the work experience I needed to then head back to NYC later in the year. MUSE set me up with M+P models in London and I have been working as a model here ever since.

So far, these past couple month in London have been unbelievable. I’ve gone to so many castings, walked in shows and been apart of a presentation for London fashion week, and have worked with many different clients. My first job was with ASOS, then I did a day with MOKA, followed by Finery, just shot a commercial for Beauty Bay, and did a fun window walking project with Topshop. I can’t believe how much I have accomplished in only a matter of months and I am so grateful and thankful to all the people who had supported me and made this happen for me.

My life changed the moment Stacey took me under his wing. He saw something in me and never let it go. So here I am toady, in London and planning to head back to NYC to work there by the end of November. I have met so many amazing people, and continue to learn so much about myself and the world of fashion. I never thought that at 18 I would be where I am, and doing the things I am doing; I am literally living my dream! It took hard work and a lot of determination and patients to get here, and I’m still learning everyday about this industry and where I fit into it, and I honestly couldn’t ask for anything more.

Other notes:

-I ask myself everyday: am I happy? Do I feel confident?

-Confidence and happiness are two crucial factors towards success in my opinion.

-Everyone deals with insecurities, so when I find myself focusing on my insecurities, I take a breath and tell myself to give myself a break. This allows me to remember how much I’m doing and how much I’m achieving.

-This journey has come with its struggles, but the majority of it has been success.

-No job is too small – something Connor from Muse told me that has stuck with me.

-This industry is all about networking. I surround myself with people who understand what I’m going through as well as people who can give me advise going forward.

-I never stopped trusting Stacey and now my dream is a reality.

-The harder you work, the bigger the reward. Something I’ve learned working with Stacey.

-Determination and patience are key!!

-Never stop believing in yourself.

John Herrera SS18 London

Ethologie SS18 London

Rocky Star Official SS18 London

pulsemgmt

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swss