Belstaff S/S 2014 by Peter Lindbergh

Verhangenheit

Reaction score
Full cast : David Beckham ,Andreea Diaconu, Tom Firth, Christian Gajdus and Will Bowden.
MORE BECKHAM: David Beckham has scored another campaign and fashion collaboration.

Today, during an event in Berlin, Beckham will be named the face of Belstaff’s 2014 global advertising campaign. The company will also unveil a special Beckham for Belstaff Collection, specifics of which could not be learned at press time.

The campaign, photographed by Peter Lindbergh in Buckinghamshire, England, captures the spirit of a band of brothers traveling across the English countryside. It also features Andreea Diaconu, Tom Firth, Christian Gajdus and Will Bowden.

Beckham was featured in past Hennes & Mauritz campaigns for his David Beckham Bodywear collection. Modeling seems to be in the family DNA: Son Romeo appeared in Burberry’s campaign earlier this year.

Beckham is also in the German capital to receive a special honor at German GQ’s Men of the Year awards at the city’s Komische Oper tonight.
acdKa6LB.jpg

wwd

Fantastic casting, love this first shot, it's very realistic (minus David Beckham, of course). Andreea is very believable as the solo cool girl.

Last edited by a moderator:
that vogue paris cover has done wonder for andrea.

it sucks that she has to be the background filler for david beckham.

Lindbergh is really gifted at capturing an atmosphere, a vibe, a kind of cool moment that makes the viewer feel as though they are right there. Other photographers (even very skilled ones) try to create that in their images and fail miserably.

Even if you didn't know that it was the CEO of brand Beckham in that picture, you'd still get a very clear idea of the type of image Belstaff was attempting to present. That said, it is always mildly amusing the way in which luxury entities attempt to align themselves with the kind of nonchalant attitude that cannot be bought at any price.

Nothing against Beckham, but he really doesn't do anything for this shot. Incredible photo, but he ruins it for me.

I'm in love with that shot. It oozes masculinity. In this day and age. In fashion. That's not an easy task. The image conveys ruggedness, confidence and total lack of pretenses. Well done.

They used all their budget to get David and hence don't have a F/W campaign?

I didn't think the first shot was as good, but Andreea deliver with the rest. I imagine it was trying to hold her own next to Becks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cccccc
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->