Marc Jacobs S/S 2016 by David Sims

Jamie continues to effortlessly inspire all of us season after season. Photographed together with Sofia Malamute, a talented photographer (and remarkably good bowler!), I am pleased to leak this image of my loving and loyal friends by David Sims for our Spring/Summer 2016 ad campaign.
marc jacobs insta

I have always wanted to work with Juliette Lewis. She is someone whom I have admired and respected throughout her entire career. After years of asking, I’m so happy we could finally collaborate.

Juliette, Ruby, Riley, Alek and Mattia by David Sims for Spring/Summer 2016
marc jacobs insta

These new group-shots look fantastic! It all just looks FUN, which says a lot more than, say, the usual bland model-unexpected locale recipe.

I can imagine a 14 year old plastering their bedroom walls with these shots and dream of being the next superstar fashion-designer.

Thumbs up, MJ!

Musician Eliot Sumner with girlfriend, Lucie Von Alten and Issa Lish, Lexi Boling, Marjan Jonkman and Marcelo Gutierrez by David Sims for Spring/Summer 2016.

So, who isn't in this campaign?

Hopefully this is Marc's last effort to cram the entire NY city into his campaign, and next season he'll revert to some form of normality. My problem with it isn't that the cast is so extensive, it's more that the group shots doesn't work. There's no story here, just a bunch of people standing about. Lets face it, 'two shot' style and mise-en-scéne is not Sims' forte. You can see it purely by looking at this, and last season's, campaign. The focus is on 2 or 3 people, and he forgets about the rest (I wonder whether the cast spots was even marked out to begin with because his blocking is awful). Kudos for trying, but it doesn't work for me, I'm afraid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously, should we start a betting pool of who we think is gonna show up next? My guesses: Countess Luann, El Chapo, and the Tupac hologram.

Far too many people in the campaign, but i love the shot of Juliette Lewis, Alek and Riley!

Christina Ricci, Andrea Rosen, Drew Droege, Hookerlegs, Natalie Westling, Grace Bol, Tyg Davidson, Jenny Beth Thomas

Sky Ferreira, Matty Bovan, Veronika Vilim, Emily Ratajkowski, Sora Choi, Jake Levy, Shelby Hayes, Karly Loyce, Jamie Bochert

Were all the models paid? How do these mass-cast campaigns work, monetarily?

Low and behold - with a New York cast this large - you end up knowing someone in the campaign! Hahaha

I think it looks great! These large group shots are fantastic and charming and everyone looks good in the clothes. Marc is really good at gathering people together that add to and enhance his vision - simultaneously, they all end up being "very Marc Jacobs." It always seems like a collaboration and never a paid-off spokes person/designer relationship. I like that a lot. And I also like how diverse in age, size, ethnicity, beauty and gender his muses all are. As long as they're fabulous, they do good for Marc!

Last edited by a moderator:
Christina Ricci! My God, she hasn't aged a day! Yes to her, Natalie Westling, Grace Bol, the goth-looking babe next to Grace Bol. And who on earth would call herself 'Hookerlegs'??? I'm assuming it's the one with the ill-fitting platinum wig and monster hands (who looks like a parody! All that's missing is a tiara, lol).
No to Skye Ferreira, Emily Ratjakowski (who appears to wearing a campy sailor's outfit?).

Not having seen the runway collection, I suppose I shouldn't even bother seeking it out. This campaign will surely showcase the ENTIRE collection at this rate, lol.

Christina Ricci owns that shot. I really like the group photos. I can feel the energy of the collection.

I remember saying it about his last campaign and I'll say it again about this one; Marc really does choose the best celebrities for his campaigns, time and time again. Aside from the surprise and excitement that comes with seeing instantly recognizable celebrities and then peppering in this mad assortment of supermodels, newer models , artists and personalities -- none of whom seem to bear any real similarity to each other aside from a certain level of fabulous presence -- he, his collaborators and their subjects manage to imbue the images with such a sense of joy and vivacity. It's all a really beautiful, really random thing that feels very true to what Marc's brand has always been about and, even more so, feels very New York.

A big NO to Sky Ferreira, Bella Hadid and Emily Ratajkowski.

What's wrong with simply having a few models show off the clothes? It's their job... This is messy af.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crowbar69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->