Best body moisturizer with hint of self tan

Hi all,

first post here! :flower: I have tried Johnsons and Johnsons and really didn't like it, it didn't smell particularly nice and the colour wasn't that nice. I have since started using Dove and I am really pleased with it, the colour is natural looking and it doesn't smell bad. It also dries fairly quickly too.

Does the tan look even? Because what happends when you don't realise that you applied more to one bit than the other bit? will it show?

I think the tans from these moisturizers looks pretty natural. Like any self tanner though you have to be cautious around the knees, ankles, and feet just to be sure you are covering everywhere. Those are really the only places that I have found it may stand out if you don't get it on pretty evenly. Other places like the legs and arms you don't have to be so careful because the tan you get from these lotions is so light...just my thoughts:flower:

i've tried a bunch of the moisturizers with self tanner including the jergens one and olay.. so far my favorite has been coppertone.. i have pretty fair skin but i felt like the jergens made my skin orange and it took awhile to get any color,and it streaked. So i decided to try the coppertone one based on reviews from makeupalley.com. The coppertone is a little faster, less orange, and there were no streaks.

^ I have fair skin too, the Jergens is good, but I bet theres something out there that's better. Whats the name of the Coppertone one?

i am totally gonna try one of these things. im so pale i need to get darker NOW!
(im quite the impatient one..)

December_25th said:
I've been interested in trying tinted moisturizers, but I've always wondered if the color ever smears off onto other fabrics after you've applied it to your body? I'm asking because I have white bedsheets and I wouldn't want to wake up with stain-covered sheets! :(
I use the Olay moisturisier and it doesn't rub off onto anything when it's dry. The only problem is when you get out of the bath it sometimes rubs off onto your towel.

Clarins tan moisturizer is good. Try also the new Garnier.

I have the Jergens one, BUT, I think it smells horrible. And I don't want my boyfriend smelling that stuff. :( Ugh.

I've started to just forget about the tanned look. I use lotion with a bit of shimmer, and call it a day. Makes my life 10x easier. THOUGH, sometimes I'm still tempted to pull out the Jergens stuff... :Innocent:

i just got a free sample of the dove one. i gotta say out of dove jergens and olay.. dove smells the best but its very liquidy..it makes my skin kinda like brighter and alive.. i liek that the best so far..

Well I have my last school ball in two weeks (prom) and I WAS going to go for the whole spray tan booth thing, but decided against it because face it- they ALWAYS go orange and leave you looking completely artificial. So insteaad I've been using the Johnson's holiday sun stuff and I bought the facial one as well. It's SO good! Especially my face- it's positively glowing! Just a nice even brown look, not orange at all. I haven't noticed a huge difference on the rest of me yet, but I've only used it for a few days so I think I just need to use it for longer still. But the one for your face promises you will see results in 3-4 days and this is the 3rd day and it's awesome. The smell isn't the best, it's not amazing or anything but I don't personally find it particularly offensive either...:heart:

Well I have my last school ball in two weeks (prom) and I WAS going to go for the whole spray tan booth thing, but decided against it because face it- they ALWAYS go orange and leave you looking completely artificial. So instead I've been using the Johnson's holiday sun stuff and I bought the facial one as well. It's SO good! Especially my face- it's positively glowing! Just a nice even brown look, not orange at all. I haven't noticed a huge difference on the rest of me yet, but I've only used it for a few days so I think I just need to use it for longer still. But the one for your face promises you will see results in 3-4 days and this is the 3rd day and it's awesome. The smell isn't the best, it's not amazing or anything but I don't personally find it particularly offensive either...:heart:

Well I have my last school ball in two weeks (prom) and I WAS going to go for the whole spray tan booth thing, but decided against it because face it- they ALWAYS go orange and leave you looking completely artificial. So instead I've been using the Johnson's holiday sun stuff and I bought the facial one as well. It's SO good! Especially my face- it's positively glowing! Just a nice even brown look, not orange at all. I haven't noticed a huge difference on the rest of me yet, but I've only used it for a few days so I think I just need to use it for longer still. But the one for your face promises you will see results in 3-4 days and this is the 3rd day and it's awesome. The smell isn't the best, it's not amazing or anything but I don't personally find it particularly offensive either...:heart:

I purchased some jergen's gradual tan in the medium skin tone variety (thinking it would result in a deeper tan) when I should've got the light skin tone one.... i ended up with a foul orange hue...

lesson: don't cheat when picking the type that is rigth for your skin!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliburum
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->