Skincare products - Walk of shame

Also, I had to borrow Simple eye makeup remover from my friend once. It was so harsh not only did it make me cry but I honestly though my eyelashes would fall out. Horror.

i'm glad its not just me who doesn't like Simple. I always had good skin. maybe a few black heads but nothing noticeable. the most i would get in terms of pimples would be one at that time of the month. i never did more than washing my face with water in the shower (unless i was wearing makeup, then id use soap). lucky i guess! i decided i better start a proper skincare routine as my luck wouldnt last forever. i bought a few Simple products and within a week i had broken out like crazy and my skin was so irritated and dry to the point of not just flakey, but PEELING :angry: i then had spots on my cheeks and all around my chin and i was so self conscious. i tried to give it a chance but it just got worse. since then my skin has been so sensitive and it has taken so long to get it back under control. i now have gone back to a minimal skin care routine :heart:

Well, I must say I love Clinique :P I think they have great formulas, like some other brands from Estée Lauder companies... specially Estée Lauder and Lab Series for Men.

I also love Murad, Perricone, La Mer, La Roche Posay... But my favorite brands are Clinique, Estée Lauder and La Prairie :heart:

I can't stand Nuxe, The Body Shop, Lush... they put so many irritants in their products like lavender oil or citrus oils :sick:

I forgot to mention Sisley, what a horrible brand.

SisleyFloralToner.jpg

This toner is water with preservatives, leaves face super sticky. The grapefruit one is as bad as the floral toner, its alcohol with more irritants... and leaves skin sticky too.

sisley-botanical-facial-mascarilla-resinas-tropicales.jpg

This mask doesn't cleanse at all, the formula is nonsense !

sisley-buff-wash-facial-gel.jpg

This cleanser is totally average, not worth it.

3473311309006.jpg

This cream smells terrible and leaves face dirty, and in my case, it burns when applied.

The ony thing I kind of like from Sisley is the Buffing Cream, an exfoliator... but burns a little when I use it.

Last edited by a moderator:
this Clinique stuff is making me sad. I use their Toner #3 and its done miracles for keeping my skin clear. I used to get random painful zits around chin and have not since starting.

^For how long have you been using it? I loved the 3-step-system so much at first but after about a month of using it my skin went crazy. :(

MarcBarna please quote the source of your images or they will be removed, thank you.

I used Clinique alot in the past and it worked great for me. My skin cleared up alot. But I do feel that thier toner is extreamly strong not surprised with the comparisson to nailpolish remover.

I forgot to mention Sisley, what a horrible brand.

[]https://ssl9.chi.us.securedata.net/bonboncosmetics.com/merchantmanager/images/SisleyFloralToner.jpg[/]

This toner is water with preservatives, leaves face super sticky. The grapefruit one is as bad as the floral toner, its alcohol with more irritants... and leaves skin sticky too.

[]http://www.staticmiss.com/imgs/normal/2009/12/03/sisley-botanical-facial-mascarilla-resinas-tropicales.jpg[/]

This mask doesn't cleanse at all, the formula is nonsense !

[]http://cdn1.shopperhive.co.uk/n/sisley-buff-wash-facial-gel.jpg[/]

This cleanser is totally average, not worth it.

[]http://www.profumeria.com/media/catalog/product/cache/2/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/3/4/3473311309006.jpg[/]

This cream smells terrible and leaves face dirty, and in my case, it burns when applied.

The ony thing I kind of like from Sisley is the Buffing Cream, an exfoliator... but burns a little when I use it.

Source of photos:

- Bon Bon cosmetics
- Staticmiss
- Shopperhive
- Profumeria

There was a time when I had strong Acne and back then Clinic was the only brand that helped (the Ant-Blemish-Solutions series). I'm not a fan of their "dramatically different moisturizing lotion" though, nor of their soaps. But I think their foundations are GREAT!

I don't like Lancôme skin products, they never worked for me. I tried the set against oily skin and it made my skin go crazy.

I've also tried some Dior stuff that didn't work for me. Of the traditional big companies, Biotherm has worked best for me.

I tried the estee Lauder advanced night repair eye and i found it ABHORRENT!!

http://www.esteelauder.co.uk/templates/product/spp.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CAT21200&PRODUCT_ID=PROD99167

For the cost and all the hype...I was expecting something good. What i got was a thick gel like cream that I applied with the spatula (fine)....but then once applied it burned! I thought maybe it was just me, so I kept applying for about 1 week, and I swear it made wrinkles around the eyes WORSE. It seemed to cause scarring, so I took it back and used a simple anti aging eye cream (about £6) and it seems to have reversed the negative effects of this awful product! Buy at your peril!

Happened the same to me with the eye version, but only the first applications. The serum works fine to me :D

My walk of shame:

All Clinique products. This company is a joke. It should be banned and sent to hell.

Vichy Aqualia Thermal (in slim, light teal tube). It is supposed to be for people with allergies!!!! When I first applied it next to eyes they got swollen immediately. JOKE.

Day Wear Estee Lauder. OMG. I cannot believe that so many people is in love with this cream. For me it is a nightmare. Clogs pores, I have immense breakouts and my skin is all shiny.

Don't get me started on Clinique! I used to love the cleansing kits when I was in grade school,... but I tried the "Even Better Skin Tone Corrector", ....and could not get past the 2nd day of use because of the acne that started to come up on my skin! Bah!

i even have got an allergy of using clinique priducts! hate clinique so much!!:yuk:

My walk of shame is really long. My skin is very troublesome as it's very delicate, pale with visible blood vessels. It;s easily irritated so I've tried really lots and lots of products. The only ones that seem to be working and make my skin really much better, fresher, thicker (really!) are IsisPharma and Avene.

Walk of shame:
TheBody Shop - I like organic stuff for my body (to put it onto face is out of the question ) but the body shop is way too rich for me, and their cosmetics are nice for first five minutes.

Creme de la Mer - for me, it was a waste of money. I think it's a brillian moisturizer, and for people with good normal skin it's probably enough. For me, it wasn't. After three hours my skin was reddened and needed to be nurtured. Also, it didn't prevent the reaction to atmosphere conditions - to be clear, I don't say that the producer promises that it would, but it's ust not good for my type of skin.

La Roche Posey, Uriage - it just didn't work for me..

Seche Vite topcoat! makes my polish peel off in sheets. i've tried it a million times and still hate it.

Yes To Carrots Eye Contour Cream - Made the skin under my eyes burn! It got so red and irritated, never using that again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliburum
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->