Best flat-iron?

Deep Brunette

Reaction score
Does anyone use a really good, inexpensive flat-iron on here? I want one that eliminates all frizz, makes my hair shiny, and lets my hair move. I don't want to spend 2 hours straightening my hair and it should be $45 or less. Finally, I want it to be available somewhere I could go to(department strores, drugstores, NOT ONLINE). If you can help me, could you please post the brand, the cost, and where to buy it? Any help would be appreciated! :smile:

my best friend just got a sedu from her boyfriend, and its the best flat iron ever...we use to do her hair with a hot topics one and it took 1 hr and 30 min, with the sedu, it takes 30 min. thats because you dont have to keep going over the same sections of hair with the sedu, it smoothes and straightens hair the first time around...so its a time saver and it keeps your hair from getting damaged and overdried.

For a cheapo flat-iron, I'd go with Revlon. It even worked on my friend's super thick hair. I've also tried two Conair flat-irons, and they were both ick, but different hair equals different results ^_^

i have a chi- it was about $120 but totally worth it so far! Those cheap irons work for a while but honestly fry your hair more because you have to redo the same piece... I say spring for a really good flat iron instead of going through 3 cheap ones in a year!

southerncutie said:
i have a chi- it was about $120 but totally worth it so far! Those cheap irons work for a while but honestly fry your hair more because you have to redo the same piece... I say spring for a really good flat iron instead of going through 3 cheap ones in a year!

I agree... I've had a cheaper brand and also a Muster the Muster has been so much better and the straightness lasts til I wash it :flower:

I have a Vidal Sassoon one from Walgreens-it was about $25, and it works really well as long as you have it on 20-the highest setting. It keeps my hair straight, unlike other cheap ones that straighten it and then it gets its wave back.

Ceramic... they have to be ceramic. Any ceramic strighteners work great. Hair tools are good. I have ghd's though, they are a bit messed up as i split sprite on them ... long story... but they still work great.

from www.vogue.co.uk
Trade Secrets

Saffron Burrows, actress: ''The one thing I can't live without is my ghd ceramic styling irons. I have been filming in Northern India recently and the make-up department depended on them entirely. They also recently came with me to the Maldives and they have survived in extraordinary conditions, including 4am starts and heavy humidity - and they always perform well. They're wonderful.''

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Onceler
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->