Best US Vogue Cover 2003

Debra! I just love her :heart:
The Demi and Renee ones do nothing for me.

Nicole Kidman. I'm not a fan of hers at all but this is the best she's ever looked. The color of the dress, the background colors, all great. As for the dress itself, wow!

This poll has brought back depressing memories when each month brought yet ANOTHER celeb Vogue cover. Blah!
And Brooke Shields' cover is repulsive. Not because she is with child (Wow! She can spawn!) but because the color/tone and thiness of the fabric of her wet dress makes her look like her skin is overly wrinkled and bunched. Very unflattering. Should have gone with another color shift.

Originally posted by PurpleRose@Dec 24th, 2003 - 7:31 pm
This poll has brought back depressing memories when each month brought yet ANOTHER celeb Vogue cover. Blah!
It still does... :innocent:

Voted for Uma, I love the whole setting. No US Vogue covers ever really catch my eye though. :unsure:

I liked Reese, the hair, dress, and the angle, its just a beautiful picture. I also enjoyed Nicole, but really only for the dress, I sort of can't stand her. I would have chosen the SJP, not only was the cover great, but the photos inside were beautiful. For some reason they had to over airbrush her face in a strange way though, and it gave the whole thing a very strange look, and made Sarah look very :huh: , which is a shame.

I so agree with the comments about the lack of models. I live in the us, but I buy Vogues from other countries, on top of the US Vogue. There is something right about seeing the clothing modeled......... by models. Yes the celebrities are beautiful, and I enjoy many of them, sometimes you get a powerful image from a star, but sometimes you just want to see someone who has maybe a different look, more exotic, different color,you want to see all different types of beauty, Not just the Hollywood brand. :flower:

IMO, maybe they let the work slide a little, because its a celebrity it doesn't need to be as good of a photo. So you get covers like the Brook, and Demi, neither of which are anything I would be too proud of. The cover is based on the star power, not the fashion. Maybe instead of the poorer celebs shots, they could throw some model shots in there. :flower:

Uma Thurman. I loved her pose and the setting, plus she's actually talented and makes the clothes look good.

Hated: Sandra Bullock and Sarah Jessica Parker. Especially Sarah Jessica. She's awful.

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

Good:

Feb. Debra Messing: I normally do not like her for the same reason that I do not like Jennifer Garner--too cheesy--but this is a lovely shot which perfectly kicks off spring.

Mar. Julianne Moore: Got my vote for the best cover of the year. Julianne looks simply divine. The Gucci dress and the silvery background work wonders.

Oct. Gwyneth Paltrow: This is a rather edgy/British look but Mario Testino pulled it off beautifully. Just enough sunshine for autumn.

Nov. Uma Thurman: Very luxurious, and the setting is unique.

Okay:

May. Cameron Diaz: Nice colors but too air-brushed.

June. Reese Witherspoon: Nice colors but too pale.

Sept. Nicole Kidman: I was madly in love with the cover when it first came out, but they've done better since.

Dec. Renee Zellweger: She is the most plain-looking girl to frequently grace magazine covers, but at least she looks somewhat glamourous here. The gold lettering looks great.

Bad:

Jan. Sandra Bullock: Tacky, this is not a cover for Self magazine!

Apr. Brook Shields: Looking old and miserable.

July. Demi Moore: Looks completley plastic and Vogue should've known better--leave her and Ashton to Us Weekly.

Aug. Sarah Jessica Parker: Ugh, Meisel.

Nicole all the way!!! :woot: :heart: i had just started my sub. to the mag, but i wasn't sure if i was going to get it so i bought that issue anyway- it's stunning! i ended up getting it a couple weeks later so i gave it to my friend- she was amazed as well. :heart:

Reese and Debra - great covers

I love Sandra Bullock, but on her cover she looks like she's lifeguarding...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->