Better hair without conditioner?

DandyWarhol

Reaction score
so this is kind of weird, i think, as they always say conditioner is supposed to make your hair better etc..

when i wash my hair with shampoo only and dont use conditioner, its nice and fine. however, when i DO use conditioner, my hair gets greasy, turns into a mass of randomness (and unhappiness!:angry:), and is generally very undesirable.

this is weird, and i wonder if by not using conditioner now i am damaging my hair in the long-run.

i don't use conditioner anymore either. without it, my hair has a lot more volume and stays cleaner looking for longer.

I don't use it either. You might be using too much conditioner and/or not rinsing it out well enough...but regardless you get build up. If your hair is OK then go w/out...you'll save time & money.

I would say just as long as your hair doesnt get very weak .. some people dont need to use it.. maybe a light spray in one etc??

It could be because your conditioner has a lot of silicone in it - have a look at the ingredients and anything that ends in 'cone' is a silicone.

Some people's hair love cones and others' don't. You could try a 'natural' conditioner that is mostly oils.

thanks guys! i guess my hair just might be the type that is better without conditioner, which yeah thats good (saves me money!).
i am also curious about oil treatments, which i think i will look more into!

I think it is fine. Sometimes I put conditioner on the ends of my hair then apply shampoo so i washes the conditioner out! If you are worried about damage maybe just condition once a week or something.

i dont use conditioner either...although my hair is very short (pixie cut) so it tends to not need it...when it was longer i did...but i made sure it was an organic, all-natural conditioner so my hair didnt get all that yucky build up....i think as long as your hair isnt dry and stringy you probably have enough natural oils to condition your hair without needing to use it....so be happy!...:heart:

depends on the shampoo for me. some shampoos contain enough cones to leave the conditioner out, while others left my longish hair stringy and dry, where i simply HAD to put conditoner in to have my hair manageable.

sure enough, since i got a buzzcut, i don't have such issues anymore :lol:

Does anyone with color treated hair (specifically bleached hair) skip conditioner entirely? Or do you all have "virgin" hair?

when i had my over chinlength hair permed, i couldn't live without conditioner. i found it helped to define my curls.

Does anyone with color treated hair (specifically bleached hair) skip conditioner entirely? Or do you all have "virgin" hair?
I skip sometimes but mine is dyed a reddish colour. I think with bleached hair it needs conditioning.

^I agree with you, mine's dyed dark red and I sometimes skip conditioning, but with bleached hair I think you should use conditioner.

I think I'm the opposite. I can't imagine not using conditioner. And when my hair was longer I'd sometimes rinse it and use conditioner but not shampoo everyday. Maybe my hair is drier though. Also I get split ends so I feel like I need the nourishment. I use Aveda products though so I doubt my conditioner has much by way of -cones. Actually since my hair has been short I'll skip washing it altogether for a few days and just rinse with warm water in the shower. After a few days not washing it looks best. And I just spray on the refresher stuff afterwards. Too each his own I guess.

It could be because your conditioner has a lot of silicone in it - have a look at the ingredients and anything that ends in 'cone' is a silicone.

Some people's hair love cones and others' don't. You could try a 'natural' conditioner that is mostly oils.
i'm going to find out how many "cone" is there in my conditioner....:lol: could anybody advice such natural conditioner, please?:flower:

DandyWarhol - are you conditioning ALL of your hair? I only condition my ends and never have an issue. I would see where your grease issues are coming from if you're conditioning from top-to-bottom.

I don't know what I'd do without conditioner, quite frankly. I always follow the "quarter-size" portion rule.

I found out the opposite less shampoo and more conditioning. It really depends on hair type.

blueberry_night said:
could anybody advice such natural conditioner, please?

a few all natural products that i'd recommend..

avalon organics
http://www.avalonorganics.com/

al'chemy
http://www.absolutelygorgeous.com.au/beauty-products/index.php?manufacturers_id=32

alba
http://www.absolutelygorgeous.com.au/beauty-products/index.php?manufacturers_id=32

jason
http://www.jason-natural.com/products/everyday_hair_care.php

if you go to your local health food store they should have a good selection..
thats what i do...and i always find great new products..

maybe for european hair i agree, black hair no way if i didnt condition there would be a noticeable difference

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mooncholly
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->