some exclusive pics from acid...

2u3uywp.jpg

2vkji3p.jpg

4c96dqo.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
:woot:
that's so exclusively HOT, i like the mood a lot
thanks sean and kimair :kiss:

Omg....that's awful....compared to the autumn winter stuff anyway....what has Bella Freud done......

hmm I'm not keen, it looks a bit cliched does it not? It doesnt look very sophisticated....or particularly good quality.

^Perhaps Freud has taken Biba's original cheap as chips concept and quite literally has translated that onto the catwalk....except in the noughties stuff from Biba costs an arm and a leg.......

I was already quite angry at Biba's haute price points but seeing these pics really does make my blood boil. I still wanna see the rest of the pics though..... there's got to be something there to justify the madness.

i liked the long dresses but yes.. the quality/fabrics seem very very poor

Last edited by a moderator:
yes i know susie this stuff is really expensive....but surly worth every penny since kate moss owns it all......:wink:

^Yes....that just sends me leaping into Browns and swooping it all in one go :ninja:

hmmm...biba seems like the kind of brand that deserves respect. like yves saint laurent. imo, it was just as important.

and what an exciting history behind it. i get shivers down my spine thinking about Big Biba, the huge emproium. apart from the tight t-shirts, etc. (so not biba), the colours are pretty right. hulanicki's faves...grey, ochre, PURPLE.

apart from that...it's pretty bad. :huh: it's not what modern biba would look like. "vintage" logo t-shirts? hmmm...as gorgeous as the biba labels are, i think any label is best saved for the inside of the garment.

anyways, i think biba is about an attitude or a lifestyle. true, those long ruched dresses are very biba esque, but that's not all there is to it.

I went to the Roksanda Illincic show today and for some strange reason that sent a Biba-esque vibe down my spine..... the accessible luxury. Reminded me of the Biba pieces I saw in the V&A. (sidenote: Can't wait to see all the pics of RI's collection....it will knock your socks off!) This attempt at modernisation however has gone completely wrong..... and has made very weak references to the originals which should have been noted.

lol I can c Frodo Baggins wearing this stuff...too hippie.

Looks better on the rail then on the model...just bad styling but I think it will sell.

:heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->