frozen
Reaction score
from wwd...

8eqda3k.jpg
85c45lh.jpg

6s9zjgl.jpg
7x49x85.jpg

8flvvk3.jpg

Looks like 2008 will be a busy year for Peter Som. While his namesake line continues to grow, the designer revealed his first collection for Bill Blass on Wednesday. The chic pre-fall looks pay tribute to the house's early days in a smart — and, all-importantly, controlled — way.

'Tis the season for pre-fall, and for Peter Som that means one thing: his first Bill Blass collection. The designer delivered it in an effortless yet luxurious way with a tailored lineup that kept true to the Blass heritage.

OMG! This sounds so promising for an ALL AMERICAN FASHION HOUSE LIKE Bill Blass. Im very excited for Fall 2008

more from fashionweekdaily...

Peter Som presented a winner of a collection for his first pre-fall designs at Bill Blass since being named creative director of the iconic fashion house in July.

"The Blass woman is all about movement," Som said during a preview at the Blass showroom on Seventh Avenue. "A real sense of ease that's more relaxed than precious, but insouciant at the same time." Translated into designs, the results were a lineup of luxe furs, splendid day-into-evening separates, and subdued evening gowns. Som said he kept the collection tight and focused, a prelude to his first Bill Blass runway show in February, which was evident in flirty and feminine blouses like a chic cellophane velvet number, as well as in the more menswear-inspired looks, such as a duster coat, a long and lean pantsuit paired with a sailor coat, and a stunning sheered mink corduroy stadium coat.

The Americana-esque color palette--"refined reds, whites, and blues," Som said in reference to the Blass heritage--remained subtle, focusing on mostly dark hues with pops of cerise and silver thrown in. Som's signature for his own namesake label was evident, witnessed by a series of sequined and beaded dresses and skirts which were standouts (embroidered overlay on a bold floral print), while those opting for more subtlety will angle toward the feather-accented top and double-breasted skirt with cargo pockets.

"There's also a sense of detail to the collection," Som said, as witnessed by the lace piping and cashmere trim in cardigans and the emphasis on feminine armholes in the pressed bouclé shifts.

For evening, the Blass woman will have plenty of options. For a youthful take that won't alienate the core customer, hammered washed duchess satin gowns--boasting trapeze backs and simple crisscross backs draped with a cowl neck--will do the trick. A white column gown with discreet pockets that featured a twist of fabric at the neckline which created a second effortless panel cascading down the front was both dramatic and--with a bow affixed to the back--just the right amount of saccharine.

i think i am bored of seeing black tights anymore..

Bill Blass Pre-Fall 08
Designer : Peter Som
Models : Bruna Hort, Alyona Osamova & Diana Moldovan

7xboxzo.jpg
829rx8h.jpg
87koj9s.jpg
6sik76d.jpg
8ak475c.jpg
6t3tzwk.jpg

6tygivc.jpg
8c00al2.jpg
87bc6bt.jpg
6wq0buo.jpg
8ap3gjc.jpg
7x2zeck.jpg
71x67gm.jpg
89uz47t.jpg

Image Credit | Style.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Everything is very aesthetically appealing, which is always a plus. I see hints of Chanel, especially in the tweed coat, and even Louis Vuitton in some pieces. This collection is almost too good for just being pre-fall.

Everything is very aesthetically appealing, which is always a plus. I see hints of Chanel, especially in the tweed coat, and even Louis Vuitton in some pieces. This collection is almost too good for just being pre-fall.

I believe to compare a Bill Blass collection to Louis Vuitton is just wrong. I believe Louis Vuitton has no identity and will never have an identity until Marc Jacobs leaves the position as head designer. Peter Som clearly pulled all of these looks from an Original Bill Blass archive. :wink:

Very interesting shapes... and I love their subte femininity.

I espeically like this, :heart: beautiful skirt

8c00al2.jpg

style.com

I believe to compare a Bill Blass collection to Louis Vuitton is just wrong. I believe Louis Vuitton has no identity and will never have an identity until Marc Jacobs leaves the position as head designer. Peter Som clearly pulled all of these looks from an Original Bill Blass archive. :wink:

Well I've never taken a peek at an original Bill Blass archive, so I wouldn't know. :wink: I simply made that statement based off my initial reaction to this collection, which was that certain pieces look like some from past Louis Vuitton collections. It's not meant to be an insult towards the Bill Blass name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felixlehr
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->