Bill Blass S/S 2004 - New York

Astrid21

Reaction score
I thought this was a very good debut for Michael Vollbracht. The collection was very youthful w/o being tarty and grown-up w/o being matronly. I think it will cater beautifully to Bill Blass devotees.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good debut, I agree as Astrid said, but I still have to be convinced he's capable of taking the reigns of this fabled American house. There are alot of Blass classics here and some pieces are amazing (for the social set, not moi :unsure: ) , but there were no imprints yet of his own style and lots of Valentino and de la Renta was seen in this collection, too.

The next collection is a def must-see.

Thanks, Astrid! :flower: :heart:

its a nice collection, but some pieces look amateur

i grew to like it more towards the end and I agree that I saw some de la Renta in here and would never ever wear this I think it suits the clientele.

its far to socialite, bill blass was a little more free

Well, I think Vollbracht did a nice job. Then again, I'm a bit older than most people who post here, so I got a lot of inspiration. I'm a working person who doesn't have designer $$$, but it gives me ideas. I love the socialite looks.

It was also cool to see Pat Cleveland and Coco Mitchell. Those are pioneering AfAm models. I remember Pat Cleveland from Fashion Fair layouts in Ebony. :wink:

Some beautiful dresses,some pieces look really oldfashioned too me.

I do think they picked the right models for this show,they all have an aristocratic look that suits this collection :heart:

I like some of the dresses in the third picture attatchment but the rest of it didn't really do it for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->