Blisters

i feel your pain! recommendation for the best cure for blisters - leave the blister to air for an hour a day, follow with an ice pack for 10 mins, then put on a nice coat of savlon and a silver based plaster. repeat every morning or evening, both if you want to get rid of them a bit quicker! Hope that helps!

Does anyone know if this Body Glide that Tealady mentioned is available in Canada and if it is, where can I buy it? I need it really badly! I have all these gorgeous shoes and I can't wear them more often than once a week because my feet go all red and get blisters all over. My feet still ache from wearing high heels yesterday.

I also get a lot of blisters. I wear shoes, I know I will get blisters, and it still doesn't stop me!

I put a Band-Aid on as soon as I feel any discomfort. Also, with all of my shoes with backs, I put little rubber pads on the shoes to try and prevent blisters.

When I get blisters, I wash my feet in as hot as water I can stand, and then I dry them, put Neosporin on and leave it open to the air (it really helps). After about 2 days, I just put lotion on, to soften them. After a week, they are almost completely healed.

i was able to develope two blisters on both of my heels and now they look like cigaretteburns.. they are really painful and i don't know what to do with them. only shoes that i can wear are flipflops and slip-in shoes.. god i really hate this. it's not even warm enough to wear flipflops

I was recommended to buy some rash protection cream in the nappy/diaper section of the chemist's by a girl who goes mountain biking. When I went there I noticed they all include the same ingredient to prevent irritation and blisters: zinc oxide. So I bought some zinc oxide cream and it seems to work quite well. The only problem is that you can't put any on the soles of your feet else you will be slipping about a lot.

Pumps and blisters

Every time I wear pumps I get blisters on the back of my foot. Anyone know of a insert/cushion to help? Or any solutions at all?

There is a product at the drugstore that looks like a fat lip balm stick that you rub on your heel and it's supposed to prevent blisters.

Is it a certain pair or all pumps? If it's a certain pair try to figure out what is causing the blisters - are the shoes too big? too small? is there a hard edge that you are rubbing against?
If they are too big you could get some heel grips to make them fit better and stop moving around on your foot (causes blisters). If it's a hard edge you could try to soften the leather. If they are too small you might have to get some new shoes.. :wink:

argh! tell me about it! I have one now, not so much a blister in teh sense that it has rubbed right down to the last layer of skin which is very tender and inflamed. It actually hurts to walk because it is on the crease of my heel :(
Usuall my heels are ok with flats, but not with the pair i was wearing!

Ouch.. jackie you should get some good plasters. I usually use compeed.

I have them as well, on both of my heels :doh: I cover them with plasters now. Darn those new pumps.

I'm thinking of getting cushions from Scholl's.

credit: amazon

In sports shops (here in Canada, anyway) you can buy a product called 'Body Glide'. It acts as a non-sticky non-greasy barrier on your skin that will not wash off with moisture and it is very good at preventing blisters (since it was made for people who are getting blisters from running marathons and things). When it is warm enough I nearly always wear heels and with the Body Glide I only get blisters on the bottom of my feet when I have been walking all day (which is because it is kind of slippery if you apply on the soles of your feet). Maybe also a small one on my little toe, but that is all.

Is it a certain pair or all pumps? If it's a certain pair try to figure out what is causing the blisters - are the shoes too big? too small? is there a hard edge that you are rubbing against?
If they are too big you could get some heel grips to make them fit better and stop moving around on your foot (causes blisters). If it's a hard edge you could try to soften the leather. If they are too small you might have to get some new shoes.. :wink:

All of them. They are not too big or too small. I think it is because my feet gets wet easily when wearing pumps and it rubs on the back. I will try the dr.scholls pads.

Thanks everyone for the advice.

anapaula please remember to do a search before making a new thread :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
effettovetro
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->