Bloomie's New Bling

stylegurrl

Reaction score
Bloomies' New Bling
Russell and Kimora launch "diamond-driven" jewelry line.

NEW YORK: Monday, November 01, 2004

What do you do when you love bling as much Kimora Lee and Russell Simmons? Why, create your own line of bling, of course! Launching today at Bloomingdale’s is Baby Phat and Phat Farm jewelry, which will be priced at $400-$2500 for the 2004 holiday season.

Russell and Kimora partnered with M. Fabrikant & Sons, the leading wholesaler of diamonds and fine jewelry, to create “innovative lines of diamond-driven fine jewelry and a collection of watches.” Kimora and Russell will both design, with Kimora holding the creative director position.

Though selected pieces were featured at Kimora’s Baby Phat show during New York’s Fashion Week in September, the majority of pieces will be revealed today. In addition to that, the company will introduce a “red carpet” couture line in 2005, which will feature a signature cut diamond designed by—who else—Kimora.

On partnering with Fabrikant, Russell Simmons said, “Teaming up and partnering with a company as solid and as reputable as Fabrikant on this venture will hopefully influence other African Americans to actively participate in businesses that they influence around the world.”

Photos

:doh: :huh: :blink: :cry: :wacko: @ the stilletto pendant....

There are no words for this!

11.01.04Baby%20Phat%20Stiletto%20Pendant.jpg

$400 - $2500 for that crap? I'm pretty sure their followers will resort to the fake bling bling at the flea market to look more like them.

Originally posted by Theory@Nov 5 2004, 04:54 PM
:doh: :huh: :blink: :cry: :wacko: @ the stilletto pendant....

There are no words for this!

11.01.04Baby%20Phat%20Stiletto%20Pendant.jpg

[snapback]419960[/snapback]​
ditto.

Originally posted by breathe0xygen@Nov 6 2004, 06:53 AM
I swear I could buy better stuff at Claires :lol:
[snapback]420317[/snapback]​

for real what has Kimora been smoking?

Originally posted by OCHANELO@Nov 6 2004, 02:12 PM
for real what has Kimora been smoking?
[snapback]420653[/snapback]​

According to the cops that busted her skanky ****, pot. :flower:

The stiletto pendants look so cheesy and have been done so many times already.

Originally posted by vintage_princess@Nov 6 2004, 09:02 PM
The stiletto pendants look so cheesy and have been done so many times already.
[snapback]420976[/snapback]​
It looks like something you could get at a Dollar Store.

I just got the fine jewelry collection catalog from Bloomies in the mail and Baby Phat is included!!! WTF!!! There's the usual David Yurman, John Hardy, Roberto Coin, etc., and then slam, Baby Phat.

There's a 1 carat cat logo pendant necklace for $1500 and matching earrings which are also $1500. :sick: :cry:
There's a yellow gold and diamond charm bracelet for $1500 and a pair of similar earrings for $1350. There's also a Baby Phat watch with diamond accents and a pink leather band for $1500 (by far the most tacky item featured)....I give Bloomies credit for featuring new designs but this isn't the book for it......

Originally posted by Theory@Nov 13 2004, 04:46 PM
I just got the fine jewelry collection catalog from Bloomies in the mail and Baby Phat is included!!! WTF!!! There's the usual David Yurman, John Hardy, Roberto Coin, etc., and then slam, Baby Phat.
[snapback]430554[/snapback]​
that's just wrong. i don't get why Bloomies considers it "fine" jewelry. :sick:

Personally, I love the earrings. If my ears were pierced I'd save up to buy them (converters are a beyatch).

It's just jewelry y'all....that's really shiny!
Don't get ya panties in a wad. B)

the nextlace would be ok if it wasnt on such a tacky chain... it makes it look like one you would get for $6 at the markets

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->