Blotchy Skin / Uneven Skin Tone

What are the harms of Retinol A to skin?

and also, what ingredients are in RoC's Purif AC line? I'm thinking of buying the cleanser and the treatment thing as I'm weak minded and easily manipulated by favourable raves on MUA, but in long terms, does the Purif AC stuff do any harm to the skin? And also, I'm only 16, so is it advisable for me to start venturing into the great unknown that is the world of treatments and suchlikes? Will it be too harsh for my skin?

I have hideously blotchy skin; it looks like I am covered in red, purple and brown freckles. There's this new line of products called "Moisture White" that has come out in Body Shop. It's incredibly expensive, so I would like to know if anyone has tried it and how it's working for them? Ignoring the price this stuff seems to be a good choice: it doesn't contain any bleach so I know that I won't end up looking like Michael Jackson. :shock:

Uneven skin tone and sun spot help

Hi all,

I need some suggestions for help with uneven skin tone. I have some red marks from old acne and too much sun. Anything that will help?
Tori

I was on a really popular beauty board today and many are saying that ebay seller shiloh sells a spa grade cream and that it helps with any skin problem just about. I am checking it out now. The before/afters are impressive. If I spelled the sellers name wrong, just type in "spa grade microdermabrasion" on ebay and you'll find it.
It's supposed to be better than dr. Brandt who charges $75.00 for one jar and it doesn't have the garbarge and junk in it like the store bought stuff or mary kay. And they say you don't use tools. You massage with your hands until you get a peel and then you rinse. Looks pretty cool.

uneven blotchy skin

Hey thanks! I will definitely check out ebay for this - it sounds awesome. I give up on the store bought stuff.

I purchased one today - can't wait to get it - it looks fantastic! The pics on ebay are great with some very happy customers. I'm so excited!

I read somewhere abour vitamine E, you can put some E vit on the red parts and scars and it clears up or something.. I want to try that some time :smile:

I broke out a few days ago and this mask I made really helped...

Plain organic yoghurt mixed with the juice of a freeshly squeezed lemon and yeast - leave on until dry. This really helped my skin.
yeast..? :o is that instant yeast that you can use for baking?

I've been using this for a couple of days now, so far so good...

0608461.jpg

credit: garden.co.ukhttp://www.garden.co.uk/images/imagesProducts/0608461.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
that's the moisturizer right?^ i have that, it doesn't work for me :(
do you combine it with their other products?
it doesn't help with oily skin.

Yeast is very anti-inflammatory. It's in a lot of Biologique-Recherche's products. I have found glycolic acid really brightens up my skin tone and the serum from Clarins-Skin Beauty Repair Concentrate helps with any blotchiness..of course you need to use it long-term for the results to stay the same.

^ OMG, thank you for the clarins recommendation. It has amazing reviews... I'm gonna order it asap

OK That may sounds foolish
But the best you can do for your skin is finding a great dermatologist
And stick to him they can really help you out
Also they can give you creams that are really working and are not too expensive

Well a dermatologist isnt for everybody though. Some people cannot afford derm visits because they either dont have insurance (the amount of people w/o insurance is skyrocketing) or their insurance will not cover derm appts. Also even though I back dermatologists all the way (well most of them) what they would prescribe you for what we are discussing (blotchy and uneven skin tone) would probably be Retin-A or Renova and those can make your skin peel and look much worse first before they make it better.

Not advising against that, just a precaution.

michyed said:
^ OMG, thank you for the clarins recommendation. It has amazing reviews... I'm gonna order it asap
You're welcome. It's a fabulous product, I've used it for over a decade, I will always use it. I hope it works great for you. :flower:

^ you're right! Health care also differs in various countries. Over here our health care system is pretty good, but the doctors will try to prescribe you unnecessary stuff even if you're perfectly fine. They're always trying to make some sort of a profit :( My mom visited a dermatologist and he kept trying to convince her to buy products from this apparently "organic" line that he and some other dermatologists developed. They were horrible... And made her skin very blotchy. The guy had never even heard of Dr. Brandt, can you believe it! :huh:

yeah is there a way to make sure you are going to a safe and trustworthy dermatologist clinic?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->