Make-up And Skin Care For Combination Skin

ignitioned32

Mannikin
Reaction score
Hi, I have combination skin (which means oily fore-head, nose and chin) and I'm not sure which (make-up and skin) products are best for me?

I wanna use tinted moisturizer but I think it will make my T-Zone more oily but I heard you can still use tinted moisturizer, even if Combination, as long as you buy those w/o certain ingredients.

Also what products are good for cleaning the skin? Should I use a scrub?

I not very ood w/ these topics so please help!

Thanks in advance. :flower:

i have combo skin too.

i use a scrub once or twice a week. to be honest cheap-o st ives apricot scub i like.

for cleansing i use cetafil or a deep foaming cleanser.
evian le brumisateur mist spray i use to wet my face before washing and toning before moisturizing. i see a dermo so i use her products , but cetafil and neutregena are what most dermo's recomend for doing the job.since you have combo a deep cleanser would be best. and those are good choices, because with combo skin the trick is to maintain your skin's ph balance. harsh products can make things worse. i also have sensitive skin on top of combo so i have to take care, but i have been putting johnsons lavender baby oil on my face when its xdry to soften it up, it hasnt given me any breakouts either....

i aslo wear tinted moisturizer! its great, esp with spf its convenient. just bring some blotting papers with you and you should be fine.

a mud mask once a week is smart too
i hope i was any help

Originally posted by LolitaLuxe@Aug 16th, 2003 - 2:42 am
i have combo skin too.

i use a scrub once or twice a week. to be honest cheap-o st ives apricot scub i like.

for cleansing i use cetafil or a deep foaming cleanser.
harsh products can make things worse. i also have sensitive skin on top of combo so i have to take care
i have a combination/ sensitive skin as well. first of all, regualr facials are a must for me.
every night i use cleansr followed by toner & every few days i use a very gentle exfoliator, all by GUINOT. once-twice a week i use a sulfur mask for deep cleaning & to tighten pores. i tried
hundreds of different products over the years & Guinot products work best for me. my foundation is very light & oil-free from Christian Dior. also, soemtimes it's a good idea to change your products because your skin changes all the time. for occasional breakouts i use ]Joey New York Blemish Fix. other good lines with products for combo skin are MD Formulations & DDF.
if you can't afford professional facials, you can give yoursef mini-facial at home. just steam your face frst, gently extract/exfoliate & put on a mask (ASTARA makes very good ones)
hope this helps! :flower:

also, be careful with moistureizers because a wrong one will clog pores.

Originally posted by Serena@Aug 16th, 2003 - 11:26 am
i have a combination/ sensitive skin as well. first of all, regualr facials are a must for me.

other good lines with products for combo skin are MD Formulations & DDF.

if you can't afford professional facials, you can give yoursef mini-facial at home. just steam your face frst, gently extract/exfoliate & put on a mask (ASTARA makes very good ones)
hope this helps! :flower:
:o ddc is what i get from my dermo! :wink: i get regualer facals too, but im on an antibiotic also for breakouts so my skin is clear mostly beacuse of that.

but igni, a glycolic based toner is what i use and its wonderful

I have combo skin, too. I can't use any moisturizers or makeup that contains mineral oil, (Baby oil), because it clogs my pores & causes breakouts.

I exfoliate once a week with St. Ives Apricot Scrub. I wash & moisturize with Cetaphil.

Originally posted by mishaktty@Aug 23rd, 2003 - 2:02 am
I have combo skin, too. I can't use any moisturizers or makeup that contains mineral oil, (Baby oil), because it clogs my pores & causes breakouts.

Exactly, anything that contains oil is out. soem brands that did not work for my skin in a past:

La Mer
clinique Dramatically Different moisturizer
Roc
MD formulations

please remember that when it comes to products, everything is very individual.
hope you find a perfect one soon :flower:

i have a combination skin as well, i've suffered soooooooooooo much till i came across the heavenly facial wash that i'm using right now, Splash Away by Estee Lauder -- you might want to try it. i've been using it for 3 years now, & never want to part with it.

I highly recommend the Clinique products for men.
They have excellent cleansers, scrubs, concealers and tinted moisturizers.
Also, use St. Ives scrubs from time to time. But be very gentle w/ them.
It was the first cosmetic company to launch a line of products for men in 1976.

I don't recommend the Clarins cleanser for men, it's very aggressive for me, maybe it's different for you.
Neutrogena is okay for a while, but after a few weeks it doesn't work so good for me.

It's never occured to me to use Cetaphil, is it as good as you say?

i have a really oily t-zone and dry cheeks....and cetaphil moisturizer burned my skin. I think I'm the only person that's had this experience. I use organic stuff now, it works pretty well.

I have combo skin/acne prone as well and I've tried everything from proactive to ddf, I've also tried over the counter products..
I see a dermatologist and she has this phenomenal product by IS clinical..it's expensive as sh**t but I use it cos it's the only thing that works.

I use the Active serum, hydrocool and Face wash. It has worked for me.
I found out they were in the oscar gift bags this year. Those damn celebrities, they get everything for free.:angry:
I swear by that product. My skin texture has improved and I get less breakouts.:flower:

So now I want to know.. what is this tinted mousturizer?
Anyone?

Angyl said:
i have a really oily t-zone and dry cheeks....and cetaphil moisturizer burned my skin. I think I'm the only person that's had this experience. I use organic stuff now, it works pretty well.

I use organic producs as well
I get this product from whole foods by ZIA.

My favorite is their oil-free mosturizer

does their face wash stuff work well?

I'm using MyChelle right now, and it's working pretty well. I've been meaning to try Zia, but it seems like it costs so much more than the other stuff, like Avalon Organics or JASON.

MizBlue said:
So now I want to know.. what is this tinted mousturizer?
Anyone?
It's a moisturizer that serves as a concealer as well, sort of.
Since it is tinted (has a colour added to it, there are different shades) it will hide blemishes, and flakes. I'd recommend to use a concealer instead, but sometimes these ones are very good.

Clinique and Nivea have very good ones.

I have combination skin I am very unhappy with what I am using at the mo (origins checks and balances cleanser, a perfect work moisturizer). It makes my cheeks extremely dry (my mom tells me they feel like rubber) and my forehead very greasy. Can anyone recommend something better?

Best skin products for combination skin?

I'm 19 and have clear, combination skin, a slightly oily nose and dry skin on the rest of my face, some parts almost flakey!

I've been using Nuxe Creme Prodigieuse night cream (which I love), Nuxe Creme Fraiche de Beaute for sensitive normal skin, Elemental Herbology Oil Control cleanser (which I think is too harsh), Eucerine Dermo Purifyer scrub and Kiehls Midnight Recovery eye cream. I do use a cheap rosewater toner which I love as well.

The products I'm using (apart from the toner) are getting too expensive for me to keep buying so does anyone have any recommendations? I live in England if that makes a difference!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->