Bodysuits & catsuits

I absolutely adore them and want to find attractive ways to wear them.

Heres Gaultiers version, which can be yours for a mere $20,000... :blush:
(FW03 HC...source: style.com)

Attachments

• 100106053[1].jpg
    100106053[1].jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 100106054[1].jpg
    100106054[1].jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 100106055[1].jpg
    100106055[1].jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 100106060[1].jpg
    100106060[1].jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 100106056[1].jpg
    100106056[1].jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 2
yeah madonna wore all amercan apparel gymwear for her confessions on a dancefloor tour and videos.

Reading the title of this thread, I immediately thought of Marc by Marc Jacobs S/S 06.

They're cute when layered. Personally, I find them too 80's aerobics uniform (as shown in MulletProof's video) to be worn as a single piece.

00140m.jpg
00170m.jpg

00020m.jpg
00090m.jpg

style.com

I use them under a few of my suit jackets or in other layering situations, especially in the winter, when maximum clothing with minimal bulk is required.

Alone, they can look unfortunate and very early 1990s, and they are hard to wear if you have a large bust (uni-boob is generally the result). Because I have a long torso, I had to cut my bodysuits just below the hipline and add in another strip of fabric to extend it. The extension is hidden beneath my skirt or trousers, but it's a point to be conscious of if you have a long body or are at all tall.

So my estimation of a bodysuit is that it can be convenient, comfortable, and attractive in some applications, but care must be taken to not look like an unfortunate "Sweatin' To The Oldies" throwback, or to flatten your bust, give yourself a wedgie, or show off bulges you'd rather conceal.

For the record, the ones I use the most are a cream colored mock-turtleneck style, a black one in that style, a black leotard, and a wine-red leotard. I wear them under jackets or other tops, and I have had to modify all of the above to fit my long torso.

NEVER wear it alone! It looks ridiculous. It can, however, look really great is layered. I have some dresses that are a bit see through, so I wear my American Apparel unitard underneath. And it's also nice during cold Canadian winters. Very convenient!

I have this from By Malene Birger, and it is very useful for everyday as well as going out. I usually wear it with a shirt.
Pic from mywardrobe.com

Attachments

• Malene Birger cat suit.jpg
    Malene Birger cat suit.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 2
zarina- that is not a catsuit....
that is a jumpsuit...:wink:

i feel shades of 1989...
when isaac mizrahi and donna karan were doing catsuits with just a micro mini...

isaac did a white catsuit with sherbert wrap mini and flat loafers...
donna did all black with booties...
(i must admit-this looked amazing! :heart: ..)

Donna Karan is one of those designers who has to work really hard to do wrong in my eyes. I've rarely disliked anything she's put out.

i admit that i used to wear a donna karan body suit in the late 80's...
and i still have it...in storage...

but...
is anyone wearing them now?
margiela just put one out and american apparel is doing them...

so...
what do you guys think...
comfortable...???
:innocent:...

are they really worth the trouble?...

I bought the black & creme striped body suit from AA last spring and got so much wear out of it. I found it comfortable and flattering and mostly wore it under skirts and shorts. Here's a pic:
blog10.jpg

I just can't get on with them as I have a long body & they tend to feel like they are slicing me in half. I ended up cutting the 'knicker' bit off the bottoms and just wearing them as t-shirts/tops.

Gogosushi - taht look so sweet.
Feline - Have you tried going up a size? Things tend to get a bit longer as they go up?

i admit that i used to wear a donna karan body suit in the late 80's...
and i still have it...in storage...

but...
is anyone wearing them now?
margiela just put one out and american apparel is doing them...

so...
what do you guys think...
comfortable...???
:innocent:...

are they really worth the trouble?...

i think it depends...

i've been thinking of picking something up to wear with some of my high-waisted things...

i'm getting a little annoyed with having to tuck things in repeatedly and having them bunch when they should be emphasizing that i have a small waist...

i'll probably have to go to american apparel to see if there's anything that will work for me...
i have a long torso so the whole bodysuit thing could potentially be a problem anyway :rolleyes:

i don't think i answered if it was worth the trouble, but with the right pieces it could make for a good look...

I've bought the peaked shoulder Margiela bodysuit last year and I wear it all the time. :heart: I also have a Gareth Pugh one and they are both great. I love to layer with them! For me they're completely comfortable and I don't feel at all inconvenienced by them.

it just takes a second to snap or unsnap the closure... and for me personally, that is far less effort than fixing/readjusting a tight shirt which is tucked into something such as voluminous pants, for example. :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
^^you've convinced me to definitely go check out buying a bodysuit inaya...
sounds exactly like the convenience i'm looking for ^_^

Am a straight guy and I wear bodysuits catsuits/ unitards and leotards are fantastic for workouts and to the aerobics class am in. Have worn this to the aerobics class am in with glossy tights and the acceptance and compliments being a guy is amazing. burgandy leo glossy tights sneakers.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryJC
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->