BoF Issue #11 : The Age of Influence Issue

vogue28

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
Kim Kardashian by Ben Hassett:

BUSINESSOFFASHION. COM

Last edited by a moderator:
The Age of Influence. Yeah tell that to your husband.

The vermin of pop culture! Can't believe there are still magazines out there who glorify this airhead. I'm not even interested to hear how well her makeup range is selling (which is probably what this cover story is all about.)

She just gets more and more plastic as time goes on. I respect her as a businesswoman, but I still find her to be egotistical, narcissistic, and superficial. I can understand why tabloids and magazines still use her, but BOF is more for professionals.

Unless she's here to say something I haven't heard before - suddenly speaking off-script about the inner workings of the family-fakery, or providing incisive analysis about personal branding and the reach of social media, then I'll pass on this week's advert for the KKW.

i get ads for this every 2 minutes on twitter ...

Doesn't BoF live from subscriptions from actual people in the business who are interested in analysis and harder-to-get information? What purpose does Kim on the cover serve? Who is she supposed to attract?

Not at all interested in The Business of Fashion's print edition but I do think that's a beautiful shot of Kim Kardashian, and quite frankly think all Kim's work with Ben Hassett turns out beautiful (she was photographed by Hassett for an issue of Violet Grey). Hassett really is a fantastic and masterful beauty/portrait photographer!

There is another cover with Sinèad Burke....anything but KK

Sinéad Burke by Tim Walker:

BUSINESSOFFASHION. COM

THE BUSINESS OF BEAUTY
Photographer: Ben Hassett
Stylist: George Cortina
Hair: Chris Appleton
Make-Up: Kanako Takase
Model/Celebrity: Kim Kardashian West

streeters.com/news/business-of-fashion-may-2018-cover-story-kim-kardashian

Her head looks superimposed onto the upper body part, very odd. Despite always being naked I've never actually bothered to pay attention to her body. Must say it looks faintly masculine, and I say this not in a mean-spirited way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Florencie
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->