Sports Illustrated 'The Swimsuit Issue' 2022

Nobody works as hard as the PR person for maye musk (maybe sienna millers)

she’s everywhere. And she’s just peddling a book.

The peak years of this magazine were the 80's, like GQ....and for similar reasons.:wink:
Now it exists solely to check off diversity boxes, and kill trees.
I have no idea why a goddess like Kim K decided to slum for this rag.

I'm sure plenty of them didn't or at least wouldn't push back on it publicly, but yeah I saw negative responses from self-professed fans of his.

I just saw the thread and oh my god even Michael Knowles criticized him and then Matt Walsh criticized Michael Knowles. Hilarious, they're eating themselves.

He made the fundamental mistake of insulting a man’s taste, and didn’t anticipate it’d be the taste of a significant portion of men in his following.

He replied to a photo of Yumi's cover and said "Sorry. Not beautiful. And no amount of authoritarian tolerance is going to change that." Pretty similar to what plenty of people here say on the regular, I'm sad to say..

Ah yes, just like Jordan Peterson, as a woman I immediately assess fashion and beauty imagery for what it can do for my (non-existent) penis, and my comments flow from there. Because most women are naturally on the same page as Jordan Peterson. It hardly needs said, because it's so evident.

Ah yes, just like Jordan Peterson, as a woman I immediately assess fashion and beauty imagery for what it can do for my (non-existent) penis, and my comments flow from there. Because most women are naturally on the same page as Jordan Peterson. It hardly needs said, because it's so evident.
Like I said in another thread its a fascist mindset. Somebody or something can never possibly be because of social and environmental circumstances. It must be because of some intrinsic part of their being.

Reactions: KoV
I'm sorry for this, but if I was the opossite sex and had Kim's body, really, no regrets or shame. If you feel sexy, and you want it, show it. I hate her reality show status, but making retrospective, she shaked culture and media removing the thin standards of beauty. She's curvy and (again, I can't deny) sexy. The good part is that she made a change. The bad one is that promotes (not her intentions though) a non natural standard to other women, and some of them can be dangerous for health. Back to the initial point, it looks good. This isn't a fashion magazine, it has its own type of reader that consume these pictures. The other covers (except Ciara's, looks like old fashioned SI), can be a very new type of imagery for the eyes, trained by the real Matrix of life -media-, but it has a noble point. Is this the place to make a change? Maybe not but someone is trying to do a positive change. Beauty is subjective.

Last edited:
Whoever said that being inclusive means not making any effort. The. Only Kim and Ciara seem to be making an effort the other two covers are just neutral. Leslie Sidora looked more SI in her new ELLE Fr cover and ed than these.

These are much better than the last few years of covers - Kim does make it feel slightly more relevant I’m not sure it’s really below her at this point but it does feel ten years late

I think after reading into things the past few days. I think they are genuine about their inclusion efforts but may be naïve when it came to their choices to have KK and Musk on the covers.

I talked to one of the models in the issue, who is a chronic pain advocate who has Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome like I do, and everything that she has shown shows that they are genuine people. Perhaps there was some business concessions that had to be made, but I think they really are genuine about their attempt at diversity and it not exactly as I thought, originally believe it was some kind of virtue signal.

Don't be hoodwinked for one second that this is anything other than a profit-driven publication focused on ensuring its survival until they've wrung the last drops from whatever audience they can find.

Don't be hoodwinked for one second that this is anything other than a profit-driven publication focused on ensuring its survival until they've wrung the last drops from whatever audience they can find.
Of course, but if being genuine also may be profitable, it doesn't hurt. They could have just as easily not really given a crap. There is also a separation between the staff and the executives.

Who is buying this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->