Bottega Veneta F/W 2015.16: Anna Cleveland and Freddy Drabble by Juergen Teller

marcBarna

Reaction score
o-bottega-veneta-juergen-teller.jpg

style.com

After a season of arresting ads by Araki, Bottega Veneta is switching up its direction. For the first time, Tomas Maier worked with Juergen Teller on a Bottega Veneta ad campaign, shot on location at the home of famed designer Carlo Mollino in Turin, Italy.

““I am very happy with how Juergen Teller turned his eye to capture a distinctive and sophisticated angle,” Maier wrote Style.com of the collaboration for Fall 2015. “He managed to interpret the mood of the collection into powerful effect.” The resulting photographs, which star Anna Cleveland and Freddy Drabble in the brand’s dynamic and vibrant Fall collections, will appear not only in magazines this fall, but also in the upcoming Rizzoli tome Bottega Veneta: Art of Collaboration, out this October. (That book will also feature works by Ryan McGinley, David Sims, Annie Leibovitz, Nan Goldin, Steven Meisel, and more.)

For a better glimpse at Maier’s clothes in action, watch an exclusive video of the campaign, premiering exclusively here.

I think it's great that Tomas is trying new directions. I'm not overfond of the casting, but hopefully the shots will look good.

+ More Images

bottegaventa

Not a fan of their ad this time. This could've have been amazing with the right casting.

Unfortunately the video is also dull as dishwater. The possibilities were endless and this is what they came up with, a moving pseudo editorial?

I don't get the connection between BV and Freddy. I like him as a Prada boy, but there's no charisma here.

Jurgen doesn't fit this brand and nor does Anna C, who's really awful.

I hate this campaign. Thanks Katie Grand, again.

It looks like a Lanvin campaign. Like the one with Raquel/Karen or Kinga/Iselin.

I don't know why, but I can't stand that poor girl. And I'm so TIRED of this 'sister of, daughter of, granddaughter of, cousin of, friend of' generation of models!

The pictures themselves are quite ugly.

i don't know why they are pushing for Anna so much. Everything she does always ends up looking dated

The video campaign is way better than the prints. Anna just isn't dynamic enough for this, I've liked some of her past works (CR Fashion Book).

this doesn't work. So underwhelming:doh:
the vid is depressing . Hate Anna's facial expression:(

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing looks good. Especially the clothes.

It doesn't feel new. This campaign could have been from 2007 honestly. I can't believe Tomas would choose such a gimmicky photographer.

The cast totally ruins it,especially Freddy who successfully shows us there's only one facial expression in his life ever.And who is this guy?He doesn't look like BV boy.Why not cast Clement Chabernaud,Arthur Gosse or Benjamin Eidem for the campaign?

Freddy was one of the Clements in the 90s, but I share the same confusion with you. Probably Katie Grand suddenly remembered how long he didn't do modeling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rearjepaj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->