Sonia Rykiel F/W 14.15 : Gisele Bündchen by Juergen Teller

Flashbang

Mr. Magic
Reaction score
IN THE ROUGH: Sonia Rykiel has tapped Juergen Teller for its fall advertising campaign starring Gisele Bündchen.

The Brazilian model is seen without makeup in the black-and-white shots, taken in an artist’s studio. The images mark a stark departure from the French fashion brand’s previous two advertising campaigns, which featured graphic colored backdrops by graphic design duo M/M (Paris).

The fall shoot was art directed and styled by Katie Grand, who said she took her cue from pictures of the label’s founder, Sonia Rykiel, in the Seventies.

“They were very elegant black-and-white snapshots of her in the studio and on a car, and reminded me of Juergen Teller’s work. Once Juergen had agreed to work with us, we wanted to work with a woman with Madame Rykiel’s joie de vivre, and the obvious choice was Gisele,” she said.

“Juergen does not often shoot in black-and-white and we asked him to shoot film to give an authenticity to the images,” Grand added.
wwd.com

Attachments

• memo-sonia-rykiel03.jpg
    memo-sonia-rykiel03.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 62
  • memo-sonia-rykiel01.jpg
    memo-sonia-rykiel01.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 61
  • memo-sonia-rykiel02.jpg
    memo-sonia-rykiel02.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 45
I forgot this is black & white because Gisele's natural beauty shines through. Unequivocally campaign queen of the season.

Iphone photos? Thanks God everything looks ok in black and white.

His photography is really starting to look extremly outdated. I find this quite unappealing and quite frankly it looks more appropriate for a brand like American Apparel. :yuk:

I don't believe it! I like Teller job! Very good campaign! Gisele looks incredible! :heart:

Gisele once again proves why she's the highest paid model today.

She can fit any and every brand with the snap of a finger.

She looks like a "Woo-hoo" girl on vacation, confusingly enough she looks like she's at a Home Depot.

Incredible change of direction :o
I love that Gisele´s got yet another campaign but this looks too much like Isabel Marant or Celine. I miss the label´s quirky ads.

i feel uncomfortable while looking at this, dunno why.
the good thing: there is gisele & there is a shocking disturbing effect which can be good for this brand. the bad thing: it looks so basic and dull.

NoyBavZ.jpg

vogue.it

i think if this was in colour it would have worked miles better...

Full Campaing

Sonia Rykiel FW 2014
Photographer:
Juergen Teller
Styling:
Katye Grand
Model:
Gisele Bundchen

soniarykiel.com

even though the styling is toned down, I love the way some pics showcase her killer legs and body :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ross640
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->