Bottega Veneta F/W 2020.21 : Mona, Quinn & Abbey by Tyrone Lebon

Looks good already! I hope Fernando is still here for the menswear. He really embodies the spirit of Daniel Lee’s BV.

+ Quinn Mora

UK Vogue Digital Edition

Men's campaign

UK GQ Digital Edition

thier campaigns since Daniel came were so good

ss 2019 shot in Ishia
fw 19 shot in LA
ss 2020 on the boat shot in Athens (my fav)

such a visual pleasure, this one particular was just made with the change. the collection itself is quite powerful but the visual outcome is so poor

I like the shot with the red dress, a bit eerie how they're just in the snow by themselves...

Mona looks stunning

I really don't get Quinn.... she does nothing to elevate the brand

Abbey looks fantastic. Love her shot. I also really like the menswear image a lot...that's a very strong shot...even better than Abbey's, tbh.

As much as Daniel's Bottega "should" work though, it just ultimately still leaves me cold (no pun intended). It's too, too, too tasteful and corporate-approved "good taste." There's no spark of genius anywhere in his iteration of the brand.

^^^ It really should just be Abbey and the one guy that’s doing his best Cosmo Man of the Year spread pose. God forbid there’s one campaign with only just White models nowadays.

The fisherman's daughter wrapped in her father's net.

Maybe that’s why she looks so dead. I’m not looking for sensuality/smoulder/steam, just a sign of life. And she looks so joyless, so lethargic. Abbey on the other hand, is head-on attitude. She’s just such a force. The tone is all over the place with this campaign. If I'm being generous, the cool and simple concept that sort of conjures the possessed vibe of Stanley Kubrick's The Shining sort of works. Or am I reading too much into this…???

Abbey is really only selling herself instead of the clothes. That is never a good thing when the model absolutely outshines the products. That just goes to show how mediocre of a designer Daniel is. The same goes for Mona. I notice her before anything else. The eye should bounce around the image and not just stay stuck on the model. I don't think anything else could really save it. How much more of a simple setting could they use to shoot it? He really needs to put more effort into the brand before the new Givenchy designer steals all his thunder. BV is not Gucci where it can survive on prestige alone. Something needs to change and quick!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boubs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->