Celine F/W 2020.21 : Fran Summers by Hedi Slimane

Never liked his Celine campaigns but this is nice. There’s something different in this.

I just can't be bothered to fake interest in minuscule details because it feels like I've seen this shot thousand times over. Hedi doesn't even bother with the women's campaigns because the support for what he's doing is unconditional.
He tries much harder with his menswear because he's aware that he doesn't have them in his camp anymore. His menswear is as relevant as Tisci's Burberry.

What on earth is that expression. It just makes me laugh.

Vogue Paris Digital Edition

the hair is atrocious

the only interesting shot is the one with the two horses lol

I think Hedi should only do campaigns for the most interesting part of his work at Celine: the fragrances!
Judging by the awful rise of logos products they are pushing, I hope their sales will finally be on the rise.

I’m tired of the Jane Birkin imagery in French fashion. It’s beyond cliché at this point!

Hedi really must be a money maker... 'cause we keep seeing the same cast and clothes over and over and over...

Didn't they just post the rest of the campaign with a nepotism Parisian girl?

I only use Celine as a source of finding new music/bands and occasionally for hairstyle references so I like having Hedi around for those reasons. The clothes and Celine as a brand however? Not even a spark of interest. The only people that pay attention to Celine now are the K-Pop stans commenting "Where is Lisa?" and "We want Lisa" on every Celine-related post.

With that being said, I think this F/W 2020 campaign series are the only ones I've enjoyed so far because there is finally some color in the photographs. Hedi Slimane should have just started his own brand, I think it would have worked out so much better.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->