BRIGITTE Marc Jacobs bag

kathkt

Reaction score
What are your thoughts on the new season Brigitte Marc Jacobs bag?
12755_index.jpg
Saw it on net-porter.com!
I'm thinking about getting it, but I don't think you can put it over the shoulder..

Thoughts?:innocent:

I'm having mixed feelings about this bag. When I first saw it at Neiman Marcus, I gravitated towards it. I like the tassle thing and the overall shape. I don't know if I like the perferations on it. And I think it would look better with longer handles. Those handles definitely don't look like you can put it on your shoulder, it looks like a slightly shorter handle drop than the balenciaga motorcycle bags.

Just thinking out loud :innocent:

kathkt said:
What are your thoughts on the new season Brigitte Marc Jacobs bag?
View attachment 158160
Saw it on net-porter.com!
I'm thinking about getting it, but I don't think you can put it over the shoulder..

Thoughts?:innocent:

It's an attractive bag. But you definitely can't put it over the shoulder. I'm just wondering if those "holes" could get old...

I personally dont really like it, it's just not my style. If you decide to get it though and you are in the US, barneys has it online so that you wouldn't have to pay customs and intl. shipping fees :flower:

Personally, I think the perforations are too distracting and I think the overall design just does not suit the shape.

But if you really like it a lot, I guess you'll be able to make good use of it?

i dont like the shape of it, it lacks thought...and the perforated leather.....reminds me of swiss cheese

wow, just realised it looks a lot like an LV speedy.....marc! the companies you working for are blending....and not blending well

I liked it when I saw it on Jessica Simpson and generally despise her clothing choices, its a cute bag but it doesn't seem practical, it also seems like something one would tire of after the novelty wears off. Its cute though and the white would be nice for spring/summer but I at that price its a tricky investment.

I saw this bag in real life, its bigger than waht I thought it was. I dont like the design, I only like the classic "speedy" shape though.

i dont know...something about it tells me it's just not my taste. the design of the bag is just not for me.

I like the classic shape and white is very in now, but I can't say the holes do anything for me (and the fact that jessica simpson carries only makes me like it less).

Saw this one today in a case at Roosevelt Fields.... it's not that impressive... :unsure:

this is a similar, spy inspired perforated bag by CK @ macys....its like if marc jacobs and fendi had some deranged love child....but i like it more than this MJ bag

pics from macys.com (and its on sale if anyones interested)

Attachments

• 201815_fpx.jpg
    201815_fpx.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 2
I ordered this bag for fun to see from Neimans.com in the brown...and its huge. a big speedy with holes in it! and heavy!

Lord. Marc Jacobs and Vuitton trade bags for sport. Uh. The silhouettes in this line are AKA the Speedy, Sac Plat and Cite (I think). Also he did perforations in both collections, and in the same style (Speedy). Oye

I cant lie that I like (greatly) the MJ perforated Sac Plat but I would never buy it simply cause it's 1k on a bag that will go out of style.

12757_fr.jpg

NAP

Last edited by a moderator:
Diorling said:
Lord. Marc Jacobs and Vuitton trade bags for sport. Uh. The silhouettes in this line are AKA the Speedy, Sac Plat and Cite (I think). Also he did perforations in both collections, and in the same style (Speedy). Oye

I cant lie that I like (greatly) the MJ perforated Sac Plat but I would never buy it simply cause it's 1k on a bag that will go out of style.

NAP

maybe Marc thought nobody would notice the copy...haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adam90
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->