British Vogue launching Miss Vogue

Chanelcouture09

Some Like It Hot
Reaction score
British Vogue to target youngsters with Miss Vogue

The 124-page title will be included as a supplement with the June issue of British Vogue, which launches nationwide on 6 May.

It is being produced by the existing Vogue UK team and will feature bespoke content for young women who “love experimenting with fashion and beauty”, publisher Conde Nast says.

The launch marks the fashion title’s first foray into the UK teen market as it looks to carve out new opportunities for advertisers. The Vogue brand has similar titles in the US with Teen Vogue and Australian Miss Vogue Australia.

News first broke of the launch yesterday (24 January) when Vogue fashion editor Francesca Burns tweeted: “Working on Miss Vogue this afternoon - yes you heard correctly @BritishVogue are launching a teen edition in May #MISSVOGUE exciting times!”

Vogue editor Alexandra Shulman, adds: “All of us are really excited at the opportunity to create a slightly different Vogue for this readership. We know how much they love the magazine and so I wanted to produce something that would have bespoke content for a younger audience.”
marketingweek.co.uk

I dislike teen fashion magazines. Especially when young models and celebs are on ''standard'' magazine covers.
Still I can't wait to see what's it gonna look like.

I think they're trying to build a buzz around it to eventually launch as a stand alone magazine, which is what I initially thought it was from things I'd read in various places, but I'm unsure how this is going to vary from what they currently do, I think Francesca Burns is a great stylist so I don't doubt what she's produced for this, I just doubt Lucinda's contributions since her style is very eclectic and I often find her stories too try hard, when this is aimed at a younger market I just worry her taste would override who the reader is, but we'll see, I think Kate Phelan would have been great on this when she was on the team.

'Miss Vogue' sounds like it should be aimed at six-year-old girls, it's such a juvenile name for a magazine hoping to capture the attention of an audience who will have an appetite for wanting to seem sophisticated and successful.

And given that UK Vogue is currently the last place I look for innovative, exciting or informative content... well, the teen version can only be better. I hope it acts as a source of refreshment for the main title, and it won't be too embarrassing if it turns out great and I have to keep buying it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Personally, I don't think the title is that awful, Teen Vogue sounds way worse to me. The name Miss Vogue sort of has a throwback feel to it, it's for girls who enjoy fashion but aren't ready to read their mom's Vogue. Teen Vogue was the first "proper" fashion magazine I picked up, I think it was the one with Emmy Rossum on the cover, so who knows, this edition could turn out all right. Plus, I was always a sucker for British teen magazines they were so bad that they were good! :lol: Hopefully, Miss Vogue exceeds expectations. I'm sure the magazine will feature a lot of celebrities on the cover but that's to be expected. And Teen Vogue has actually produced some really good editorials in the past so maybe they'll take a cue from them instead of trying to imitate other teen magazines (like Seventeen...:yuk:). Anyways, hear's to hoping it's good!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm looking forward to it, I'm really curious to see what the mood of the whole magazine will be! I hope it lives up to Vogue's high standards...

Who Is Miss Vogue?

THE countdown is on until the inaugural issue of Miss Vogue goes on sale next Monday, May 6. The first ever British Vogue title aimed at a young, fashion-driven audience, the magazine will launch as a double package alongside the June issue.

Just to give you a taste of what's to come, we have released the first ever picture from inside the magazine - starring our Miss Vogue cover girl, but you'll have to make up your own mind about who she is. Tell us your guesses on Twitter using the #guessmissvogue hashtag and join us as we build up to one of British Vogue's most exciting launches.

Miss Vogue hits news stands on May 6 with no cover price charge.

cara-delevigne-miss-vogue-29apr13-angelo-pennetta.jpg

vogue.co.uk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
westernsoc
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->