Brittany Murphy R.I.P

she seemed so off in the interview yet so sweet :( RIP Brittany

wow, she was one of my favourite actresses in the 90's (because of Clueless and Girl, Interrupted). i will miss her.

She seemed like a genuinely sweet and kind young woman. It's incredibly sad. She was a sweet soul.

I only found out about this yesterday! I can't believe this... such a tragic loss. Rest in peace Brittany.

She was such a beautiful and very talented actress! I really loved her voice and lips. Why do bad things happen to good people? :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0x1zEPbKb8&feature=player_embedded#
Her mum's phonecall to 911 is one the internet.

Warning though; it's very emotional.
I don't know what I expected when I clicked on this but I feel horrible now for listening to it. This is going to haunt me now. Listening to a mother losing her daughter is not fun and I don't know how something like this could leak on the internet? Totally sucks for Brittany's family.
I'm so sorry for her mom. RIP Brittany

Yeah.. Isn't that supposed to be in the hands of the American Law or something?

Yes... probably can't get myself to listen to it, though I must admit I'm curious.

I don't know what I expected when I clicked on this but I feel horrible now for listening to it. This is going to haunt me now. Listening to a mother losing her daughter is not fun and I don't know how something like this could leak on the internet? Totally sucks for Brittany's family.
I'm so sorry for her mom. RIP Brittany
I think 911 calls might be classified as public information, so if you request one, you can get it... :unsure:

I couldn't bear to listen to something so personal and heart-wrenching. Saddens me to just think about it :cry:

In the U.S., 911 calls are public record and are routinely released to the media on requst. Same as marriage, death records or real estate ownership records.
I didn't know that! What are the advantages to the public if something like this gets released? It might help clear up some rumours that have been circulating about Brittany's death, but that's about it, no? And there's nothing the person that made the phone call can do about it? I find that quite odd.
Anyway, I would advise everyone not to listen to it, it's too sad :cry:

What are the advantages to the public if something like this gets released?

And there's nothing the person that made the phone call can do about it?

Besides satisfying curiosity? Not really.

Not normally unless there is good reason. Sometimes a Court will block it if the recordings are to be used as evidence in a trial.

The 911 system is operated by state and local governments with public funds over the public telephone system, so the recordings are basically open records.

^That's interesting. Now I have to find out what the legal situation concenring 911 calls is like in other countries because I'm so startled by this! Thanks for the information :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fashionhill
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->