Burberry Cosmetics

The_Ida

In Bloom
Reaction score
Burberry Cosmetics

Woohoo...good old WWD: they've scooped the first pictures of Burberry cosmetics. The range looks super-slick: and yes, I spotted some discrete imprinted checks! The range launches later on in the year - expect to see sheer colours wrapped in beige outer packaging with check as an homage to the iconic Burberry trench. Enjoy.

Picture Credit: www.WWD.com, photographer: Ben Wright
from britishbeautyblogger

Now how about that, another fashion brand releasing a cosmetics line :lol: Well, at least the ad campaigns will look nice.

Looks nice, I like the design on the lipsticks. I wonder where this will be sold, whether it will be limited to a few select stores like the D&G makeup line.

Temptalia:
Burberry Makeup Coming Soon!

“[Burberry Beauty] is completely integrated with everything else we do with the brand and with the company,” said Christopher Bailey, Burberry’s chief creative officer. “It started because I felt that, at shows and the shoots, the whole [Burberry] attitude is epitomized through the shoes, the bags, the clothes, the accessories, but then the face was the one thing I really struggled with. When we were doing makeup, I felt like we weren’t able to get the right attitude. It was either caked-on makeup or then just the wrong colors, the wrong tones, the wrong spirit for makeup. I wanted it to be this kind of effortless elegance.”
According to WWD, Burberry will be launching Burberry Beauty in July. It features a 96-unit makeup line, with everything inspired by “th brand’s iconic trenchcoat.”
The trench swayed the designer’s choice of makeup shades, too. “I liked the idea of taking the trenchcoat and the weather as the two things that influence and define the colors,” said Bailey. “You’ve got the naturals from the trenchcoats and from the weather you’ve got these beautiful stormy grays and stormy blues. Then, when the sun comes out, you’ve got this glow and you’ve got lighter tones, as well.”
Initial distribution will include 30 doors worldwide at select Harrods (UK), Nordstrom (US), and Lane Crawford (HK). They expect to expand reach by an additional 30 to 40 doors next year. Pricing looks like we’ll see the line retail around other high-end designer brands like Chanel, Dior, and Dolce & Gabbana.

Yeah, I saw that on temptalia about five minutes after I asked but was too lazy to post.:lol: Thanks though.

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Lily Donaldson & Nina Porter are the brand ambassadors.

Wow, great faces for the brand! I can't wait to see what they release :woot:

Packaging looks a bit chunky for the lipsticks but overall it's nice & I like the approach they've taken for colour selection, seems like things I'd wear so I'll definitely take a look when it comes out.

OMG, that's awesome!:clap: I love love Burberry and I'm so excited!:woot:

The makeup collection looks so wearable. I wonder how pricey everthing will be? Knowing Burberry, it will be quite a bit...

WANT the lipstick she applied! This looks SO good, just the kinda makeup I wear

Much more interested in the line now, good to hear that they haven't skimped on quality and this is exactly how I like my makeup. I love neutrals and look ridiculous overly-made up so this is perfect for me & I can't wait to see the entire colour range.

burberry-makeup-burberry-beauty-reviews-swatches-photos.jpg

makeupandbeautyblog.com

The entire Burberry Beauty makeup collection includes…

Eyes
  • Burberry Beauty Sheer Eyeshadow Eye Enhancer ($29, available in 20 shades)
  • Burberry Beauty Eye Definer Eye Shaping Pencil ($27, available in five shades)
  • Effortless Mascara Volumizing Lash Enhancer ($28, available in Black)
Lips
  • Burberry Beauty Lip Cover Soft Satin Lipstick ($30, available in 21 shades)
  • Lip Glow Natural Lip Gloss ($27, available in 12 shades)
  • Lip Definer Lip Shaping Pencil ($27, available in six shades)
Cheeks
  • Burberry Beauty Light Glow Natural Blush, ($42, available in five shades)
  • Burberry Beauty Warm Glow Natural Bronzer ($48, available in four shades)
Face
  • Burberry Beauty Sheer Foundation ($52, available in nine shades)
  • Burberry Beauty Sheer Foundation Luminous Compact Foundation ($55, available in nine shades)
  • Burberry Beauty Sheer Powder Luminous Pressed Powder ($45, available in two shades)

Burberry Beauty Lip Cover Soft Satin Lipstick in Nude Beige
burberry-makeup-burberry-beauty-reviews-swatches-photos-lip-cover-soft-satin-lipstick-nude-beige1.jpg

same source

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drue Price
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"