Burberry F/W 2024.25 by Tyrone Lebon

The Burberry logo changed again? I guess I missed that.

The black and white shoot is ambiguousfor me. Is it this a fashion shoot or a horror movie still? Not sure if i like, but at least caught my attention unlike the colored one that is just meh.

It's fine. Glad to see Agyness. Surprised by them going out of their way to make that bag look cumbersome and unappealing to a potential buyer. I supposed that's one way to market accessories.

is she cold or its summer time swim --total look looks clunky and heavy and then BW generic even if i like her smile

Fabulous! Refreshing! I love it!
The smiling shot has that old school and yet timeless quality to it. I guess it’s by Tyrone Lebon.
I love how Lee and Lebon can work on two different brands, deliver different moods but yet, Lebon’s style is still consistent.
The Burberry logo changed again? I guess I missed that.
It changed when Lee took over…

left pic: the fake utilitarian clothes in nature is just not working , if you use nature as a background to convey a dream or feeling the clothes should have been more contrasting, the olive greens and pockets and heavy canvas twill gives already i false idea of country /nature and utility... so better in a city or some man made environment - also they shot already past FW campaign in the english nature landscapes ...happy to see the rest maybe there is a more compelling story told via the full campaign.

feel the in nature store did not develop further from the first one if its a continuous narrative...there is something about the new burberry product that feels to over designed and ready for the outlet discount racks ....they are doing nothing to give the product some feeling of longevity and desirability just trendy design styling and photography...still in the veins of old PH Celine days

Fabulous! Refreshing! I love it!
The smiling shot has that old school and yet timeless quality to it. I guess it’s by Tyrone Lebon.
I love how Lee and Lebon can work on two different brands, deliver different moods but yet, Lebon’s style is still consistent.

It changed when Lee took over…
I have not been following fashion as close as used too since the pandemic, a lot changed for me, im coming back just now, so missed some things. I like the new logo a lot more tho, for all intentions and porpuses, the Riccardo one was too similar to the Balenciaga one and too basic, this one have more ``flavor`` or something like that.

left pic: the fake utilitarian clothes in nature is just not working , if you use nature as a background to convey a dream or feeling the clothes should have been more contrasting, the olive greens and pockets and heavy canvas twill gives already i false idea of country /nature and utility... so better in a city or some man made environment - also they shot already past FW campaign in the english nature landscapes ...happy to see the rest maybe there is a more compelling story told via the full campaign.

feel the in nature store did not develop further from the first one if its a continuous narrative...there is something about the new burberry product that feels to over designed and ready for the outlet discount racks ....they are doing nothing to give the product some feeling of longevity and desirability just trendy design styling and photography...still in the veins of old PH Celine days
I was just going to post something along the same lines.

The outdoorsy direction that Lee is taking Burberry isn’t working. I have a personal aversion to designers doing anything tactical inspired because it’s always a fashion factory trying to replicate real utilitarian garments, which is an entirely different way of making clothes. Fashion doing it always looks fake. If I wanted outdoorsy clothes, I’d go to an army surplus store. It’s the same thing with sporty designer sneakers…I’d rather go to the source…when a luxury brand does it, it lacks the authenticity.

I would rather see Lee take Burberry in a cheekier mood - I’m thinking Nigella Lawson at the farmers market in Shepherd’s Bush circa 1999. Or Stella Tennant. Gwyneth Paltrow in “Sliding Doors.” Something a bit yuppier.

Agyness for Burberry? Sold.

Don’t really care for the campaign images but at this point I’ll take what I can get.

I've gotta admit, Testino is the "cancelled" photographer I miss the least, to be honest. I'd even accept a Terry Richardson comeback (god forbid) over him. Testino was so damn corny.
I love Testino but let’s be honest, his heavily retouched work in the last few years prior to his dismissal was horrible.
I miss him when I see his work from the 90’s to 2009 but then, when I see his current photos, I know he is not missed.

Even if i tolerate Meisel, I’m less and less sensible towards heavy post-prod work.

Testino‘a work was as photoshopped as any other photographer if you ask me.
I mean Mert and Marcus? Meisel?… Photoshopping like their lives depend on it!
and he produced amazing work!

now back to the ad: I’m so happy to see Agyness! I’ve always liked her and she’s a great fit for Burberry. I hope there’s more.

I also think this won’t be an OG type of ad…

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marianaluciatorres134
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->