Burberry x Supreme

Cringefest.
I do like irina but she’s not fitting here at all this needed someone younger and more in tune with street style. At this point Ricardo is paying his friend Irina’s mortgage by putting her in every single thing Burberry does!

I feel like this is Riccardo’s response to Bailey’s collaboration with Gosha some years back.
I don’t get it from a creative POV as Riccardo is the father of all those modern Streetwear designers.

But it’s a financial move. Burberry is doing well…At this point I’m tired of collaborations.

I hope his runway collection will not feature any of that.

Wow, is Supreme still a thing? I thought we moved on that from years ago?

Anyway this is so sad. Riccardo is clutching at any straw he can find just to stay afloat in terms of cultural relevance. His Burberry just ain’t it, and the more he tries to make it COOL the further it gets from being actually and genuinely cool.

C23A843D-50ED-42B2-971A-E48CA2A20523.jpeg
The Verge

Wow, is Supreme still a thing? I thought we moved on that from years ago?

Anyway this is so sad. Riccardo is clutching at any straw he can find just to stay afloat in terms of cultural relevance. His Burberry just ain’t it, and the more he tries to make it COOL the further it gets from being actually and genuinely cool.

View attachment 1199860
The Verge
It’s obvious that we aren’t the target audience for this (even less me). But I’ve learned that Supreme really approaches brands and that Vuitton collab kinda opened the doors for them.
Executives likes it because it creates another connection with millenials and it really creates a buzz. I mean nobody is queueing for a Saint Laurent or The Row collection, no matter how great they are…But a Supreme collection for Burberry is queue assured at DSM.

‘It’s cynical but it’s commerce.
The thing is that I find the people at Supreme even more cynical than people from the HF world. Supreme is the new H&M.

no.

and Irina for Burberry, regardless of how well she photographs has been and is, a terrible fit.

I have no doubt that it’ll sell but this just screams desperation. Riccardo you’re so much better than that.

What's the strategy? Alienate your customer base by making trash catered to the hypebeast set? They have no real brand loyalty, but apparently it's worth it for some flash-in-the-pan success?

Heritage brands know when it all comes crashing down, they'll still have enough residual branding power to sell the inevitable reinvention.

Somebody please get Christopher Bailey out of the cottage he's hiding in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tunagurl95
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->