Burberry A/ W 2004 Milano

Lena

etre soi-meme
Reaction score
great collection, great styling including shoes and hair & make up from Burberry

00080f.jpg

00060f.jpg

00040f.jpg

00030f.jpg

In a Milan season that has seen even the most unlikely fashion houses embrace the concept of eccentricity, via quirky layering and madcap accessorizing, Burberry’s Christopher Bailey was no exception. “Very thirties-inspired,” said Bailey of his charming show, more ironically ladylike and grown-up than his previous offerings—“a little bit Bloomsbury, but with a light spirit.” Of course, at this storied British company founded by Thomas Burberry in 1856 (and famed for the weatherproof clothes that kept the empire builders dry), Bailey has more claim than most to channel the eclecticism of his generation’s It girls—who include the label’s signature models, Kate Moss and Stella Tennant. (Stella was walking this season’s runway.)
That thirties touch meant lingerie-light washed silky dresses in period colors including plum, teal, old rose, bottle green, and slate, and shapely coats with a military edge. And if the fluttering crepe scarves (some in a Schiaparelli-esque glove print), diaphanous cardigans, and swimsuit-backed frocks were surprising for a winter collection, the Burberry girl can keep warm with knitted hats and gloves in bright color accents. The retro palette extended to the hose, which was worn with thick-heeled 1940s lizard court shoes trimmed with crisp little bows.
Hamish Bowles for style.com
00010f.jpg

00140f.jpg

the clothes/designs arent too exiting, but i love the colors :shock:

Lovely and it made the cover of today's WWD with the equally lovely Ms. Trentini doing the honors.

those transparent raincoats are amazing
00150f.jpg

00160f.jpg

00170f.jpg

just when i thought there wasnt goin to be ANY plaid..and there was that hat (which i like :wink: )

i like the raincoat too

Love the color definitely a fal/winter choice of colors but they are so rich and deep!!! Lovely alternatives to basic black (which I love).

some more detailed looks from hintmag :heart:

I, personally, found the whole collection somewhat repulsive. Purple colors were nice, but pretty drab other than that. The cuts of some of the shirts looked odd. :ermm:

This is a blockbuster collection for Christopher Bailey, my favorite since AW02.

This show is about contradiction - classically constructed pieces and luxurious fabrics worn in the most bohemian and effortless way. It is for women who are modern and opinionated and who don't beg for attention. It is the perfect marriage between practicality and vintage coolness, low-key luxury at its very best.

Subdued colors such as burgendy, olive green, charcoal, and chocolate are epidemic this runway season but Burberry does them the best. Sure, the chiffon dresses are borrowed from Alberta Ferretti and the belts show a definite influence of Prada, but the styling is superb. The accessories are to-die-for. The sweaters and scarfs are in the most gorgeous and special hues, ever. I hope this is the direction Bailey will be taking and I expect to see more originality next time.

00090f.jpg

00120f.jpg

00130f.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->