Byblos, F/W '05-'06 Milan

cerfas

Reaction score
Nobody posted anything about this collection yet, and I enjoyed it for what it was worth. I know many people think Byblos has gone downhill, but there was something that worked for me in this collection. It's also pretty different from what else is out there right now, which is refreshing.

21daol
21dapv

21daq9
21daqf

21date
21dati

21datv
21datz

I especially like the 2nd mens look.

Images thanks to vogue.co.uk

thanks cerfas...
at first i thought it was just the styling that was bad..but now i think it's really just bad clothes...byblos has definitely gone downhill over the years...
who's designing it now anyway?...:huh:

btw...nice avatar cerfas...:flower:

softgrey said:
thanks cerfas...
at first i thought it was just the styling that was bad..but now i think it's really just bad clothes...byblos has definitely gone downhill over the years...
who's designing it now anyway?...:huh:

btw...nice avatar cerfas...:flower:

Heheh, yes, I guess it's not for everyone
I don't know who is designing for Byblos now, but the last photo showed three men.

Thanks! Those sleeves were pants

Actually, I'm not, although I almost got my first break with styling when I lived in New York. I don't think I will ever go into the fashion industry, unless to open a store or make clothes in whatever spare time I have. Right now I am a student of fine art, but as my mentor once put it, fashion is inevitable. That's what interests me about it--how it relates back and forth between everyday life and how it is a means of recording personal/collective history. That isn't meant to sound high-minded, because absolutely everyone participates in it.

What do you do?

:lol:...i'm a stylist in nyc... :innocent:
but how i wish i was a student of fine art...
i fully understand your meaning and am interested for the same reasons...:flower:

Oh, very nice :>
I don't think that would be a bad job at all
What did you study in college, then?

my degree is in display and exhibit design from FIT...
i started out as a visual designer...doing windows at stores like barney's...

Very nice
Oh I love window displays. I have spent hours looking at the Barneys Japan window displays...they have had some wonderful ones. I actually know less about Barneys New York window displays, historically, but I do love going to Barneys.

where are you located cerfas?...

My family is soon moving to Washington Heights, and I am going to school in Pittsburgh. I will be in New York for the summer.

cerfas said:
I don't know who is designing for Byblos now, but the last photo showed three men.

Since the label was sold ( by Prada ? ), after Richard Tyler and John Bartlett took it in hand , it is now designed by a team , one of whom is an englishman .

it's not a collection for this forum really, but it terms of highstreet designer, this stuff sells.

It's in the same bracket as stuff like Dsquared in my opinion.

I don't mind it from a selling perspective.

Hed Kandi loves it , even though there's NO cowboy influence !!! :lol:

There are a couple nice pieces, but overall, thiswas not a collection.

kit said:
Hed Kandi loves it , even though there's NO cowboy influence !!! :lol:
:lol:...

thanks for the info kit dear...i liked the mens collection when tyler was doing it...that was a good time...

this is just bad...and now that i look at it again...it's even worse than i remembered...:yuk:

jhaime said:
it's not a collection for this forum really, but it terms of highstreet designer, this stuff sells.

It's in the same bracket as stuff like Dsquared in my opinion.

I don't mind it from a selling perspective.

To me .. the color palette reminds me of Jacobs ... and I look back as well on the Byblos heyday (sp?) when pretentious girls would stroll in the Mall with Byblos bags and afgan dogs ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dm4048a
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->