Cacharel Pre-Fall 2011

Prairie

Reaction score
NEW YORK, January 31, 2011
By Nicole Phelps

Last we checked, Cacharel was 18th on Polyvore's designer list. In other words, the social shopping site's users make sets with only 17 other brands more often than they do with the French heritage label that the Belgian designer Cédric Charlier began reviving in 2009. Pretty impressive. Pretty has always been the operative word here, but Charlier has injected the brand with of-the-moment cool. He's manipulated his own photographs again this season to come up with muted abstract florals. They cover a long drawstring-waist tank dress and line the inside of a midnight sheep fur jacket. Also in the mix: elongated A-line knit T-shirt dresses with contrast tipping at the neckline; a collegiate peacoat, white button-down, and pleated kilt combo; and the house signature shirtdress with hand-painted details. The standout look: a sweatshirt-fabric tunic in navy that topped a neon pink long pleated skirt—the Polyvorers will go crazy for it.

01m.jpg
02m.jpg

03m.jpg
04m.jpg

05m.jpg
06m.jpg

07m.jpg
08m.jpg

09m.jpg
10m.jpg

style

God, it's so frumpy. Why does Cacharel still exist?

I like it, it's a bit demure but it's still good with a few really strong pieces. I like the use of solid colors and the palette is quite nice.

I would have loved to see more pieces with the print in post 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiyahG
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->