Maison Martin Margiela Pre-Fall 2011

MissMagAddict

Reaction score
Contrast, elongated lines and masculine-feminine variety — add them up and you have Maison Martin Margiela’s pre-fall collection. The layered coats and jackets were often sliced, or with a trompe l’oeil effect for capelike looks. Blocks of shaved rabbit fur and flannel turned a jacket sharp and graphic, while nappa leather suits took on a slouchy, men’s pajama feel. There were also some references to Margiela’s past collections, i.e. pleated polyester skirts cut on the bias and dresses with leather sleeves.

source | wwd.com

In love with the last look, Fur, grey hues with the pink, beautiful.

Well, it's not Margiela, but it is kinda good! I think we have to congratulate the team for making something rather nice, well though-out clothes. May not be the real thing but it is surely better than most.

you know how those vendors sell knockoff perfume on canal street, and it kind of smells like the original, but it's a little too heavy-handed and unsubtle with some weird base notes in there? well, for me, post-margiela margiela is the canal street perfume of fashion.

this is the best stuff we've seen from the new design team methinks.

Very sharp - I was just thinking of the use of pleating, on dresses, earlier on...

I know I shouldn't - but I like it (except the velvet pants).

It's much more "precise" than previous collections. More on point. Can't realy describe it. But there's a certain twist missing, I accociate with the house

The last look is amaizing I want the whole thing. Its not Margiela but it had been kind of dead for the last two years anyway hahaha. I think Diesel needs to just let the label go. But this has a few great pieces in it for sure.

you know how those vendors sell knockoff perfume on canal street, and it kind of smells like the original, but it's a little too heavy-handed and unsubtle with some weird base notes in there? well, for me, post-margiela margiela is the canal street perfume of fashion.

ha! i like your analogy.

Haha, exactly.

You can sense the insincerity in this collection.

Does anyone know where I can find a video of Margiela's 1992 show at the Salvation Army?

you know,after all of the pathetic attempts of trying to re-establish mere imitations of it's former designer's vision,i have to say this feels a lot more distinct,genuine and a lot more fresh. simply put,i kind of actually like it. it really doesn't feel as contrived as it did....seems they're actually wanting to move the collection forward. i know it will never be as defining as it was with MM himself,but at least they're trying to reaffirm a sense of authenticity and thought again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->