Calvin Klein Mens S/S 11 Milan

the half-shirt is such an easy stereotype of eighties dressing, i'm surprised we haven't seen more of it before now. and let's not kid ourselves, calvin klein menswear has been this way since zuchelli arrived. this is just the latest version.

Too true. I don't always understand it, it can be a bit too techy for me, but in this instance I am LOVING the elastic waistbands (and not much else).

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you actually joking with those cropped shirts with the cropped "Calvin"?

My theory is that those tops are an ironic take on the similarly hideous waistbands on CK underwear. Kind of a nod at the company's profit sector.

That said, I'm kind of feeling the crop top in black with the briefs. Not something I can see anyone wearing ever, but it's total stylist bait. :lol:

My theory is that those tops are an ironic take on the similarly hideous waistbands on CK underwear. Kind of a nod at the company's profit sector.

I actually felt some kind of irony in it, too ^_^

Are you kidding me?
This collection is a catastrophe...those cut mid shirts are SOOOOOOOO gay,what the hell is happening here?
I hate when a lot of menswear always have to be so damn gay and feminine,is it really possible to have a collection made for fashionable real straight guys?This is just surreal
Not to mention the UGLY hairstyling and the lack of decent accessories
I would just save some suits which are really good

You know that using the work GAY when describing clothing means fashion forward, right?
since when is an article of clothing have a sexual preference.

Im not a huge CK fan at all but if someone is going to throw a stick into the wheel of menswear then I am all for it. Come on designers shock us and inspire us create a culture of something new instead of all the rehashed stuff we have seen over and over again.
Bravo to CK for trying something a little different for themselves. By the way, crop tops have been on runways a plenty with the work of Kim Jones. Who this CK collection is totally inspired by in my opinion.

Are you kidding me?
This collection is a catastrophe...those cut mid shirts are SOOOOOOOO gay,what the hell is happening here?
I hate when a lot of menswear always have to be so damn gay and feminine,is it really possible to have a collection made for fashionable real straight guys?This is just surreal
But you are aware that today's heterosexuals wear fashion that was the collection of five years ago when it was also described as "soooo gay"? Heterosexual men never wear anything that is the fashion of the moment - so it's useless to design for them in mind. Their wives/girlfriends catch it and slowly bring them into wearing it when gays already wear something different/new. I remember a few fashion trends that I spotted first in the gay scene, then designers discovered it, brought it into fashion shows, then it was displayed in some mainstream heterosexual media (TV shows, clothes worn by sport stars) before I saw it again a few years later in typical heterosexual spots. Even if you would do macho/ action /fitness type of clothes for the heterosexual men you would not change the market because these type of clothes already exist and men wear such clothes until they go kaputt. :innocent:

Is it weird that while everyone else is staring at the middriffs I'm staring at the shoes? And the impossible length... or absence of length of the shorts?

Does anyone know where I can come by some detailed shots of the shoes?

Found 'Em

Actually I found the shoes. The Photographer is Sonny of Sonny Photos.

untitled.bmp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->