Calvin Klein S/S 2004 - New York

Astrid21

Reaction score
Ugh. I want my Calvin back. :ermm: This collection headed up by new design director, Francisco Costa, really disappointed me. Imo, it looked like recycled Miu Miu w/barely a touch of minimalism. I mean, one black piece?? I know many people find Calvin himself to be pretty boring, but I find beauty in simplicity. <shrugs>

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Fashion Wire Daily
Costa, 34, is a 16 year veteran of the fashion business, whose has career has included four years with Gucci, seven with Oscar de la Renta, a passage through Balmain in Paris and a year with Klein. He clearly has talent, and while his debut had its spasms, he showed enough to indicate he understands Klein's aesthetic - so this birth was far from stillborn.

"I love challenges," explained Costa, who told the media, "Calvin told me he was very happy, very satisfied with the collection. I saw him several times today."

Are you kidding, Astrid? Calvin may not suit my style, but I love his work. :heart:

His last S/S collection was mindblowing. The washed colors and... I mean it was brilliant. It was one of his best collections seen, IMO.

This collection, on the other hand, is a 50/50 collection. Yes it was so Miu Miu and too safe, but this is his first collection and there are enormous pressure on him. So I'd give him one more chance.

Still, I also want Calvin back. No one can do his work like he can. :cry:

Thanks, Astrid! :flower:

i agree.... simplicity is what attracts me always, to clothing. to me less is always more and all these brown tones and fabrics dont do it for me. I like second dress in the last row....

I thought the shaping and architecture of the outfits was very Calvin (am i wrong? very well could be) however I wasn't HUGE on the washed brown tones. I seem to be the only one enjoying the short shorts with the white button downs tucked in to them. I haven't payed attention to Miu Miu so no comment on that but i didn't think it was a bad collection by any means.

Sorry miu miu is much much more intresting than this :innocent:

Its dull boring, i never thought of calvine as very minimal, more clean , how ever this is just to dull, the only looks a really like are teh sweter with teh full skirts, and the long white dress .

boring but it should seell ok

:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

why didn't he just dress little boys in potato sacks?

this is just awful! the clothes aren't even flattering on these models... how would they look good on a normal person.

ack.

disappointing CK show: cause.....

neutrals were CK's old trademark but new team/gal does NOTHING with them, lacks the twist or snap that Cal gave his brill tones/cuts

some of the fabrics are VERY Prada: the pants & coats with neutrals & like a plaid overlay: also some of cuts / lengths are very prada but theres NOTHING cerebral or smart or new here like prada does EVERY SEASON:: EVERY PIECE!!!

very drab show, clothes, vibe... nothing new & old CK neutrals & prada ideas were lamed out.

bad bad

somewhat like the last two skirts, and the gossamer dress.
overall, staid and waspy as usual. never really liked CK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->