Camo Fashions

skamajor

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I don't know anything about fashion and design, but I really could
use the help of professionals on a project I have to do for school.
I need to find a resource(s) on the camouflage fashion trend over
the last few years from about 1999 on. I'm paper about how camo, as a fashion trend, stays at near the forefront of fashion or just below the surface. Anything from designers to
celebrities, fashion shows and trends. Anything would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,

Wes

What gives camo its staying power? I have no idea; I find it hideous.

Maybe because of it's versitility? Many different types of people wear camo for diff. reasons. Grunge, rocker, casual/sporty, or dressy (girls wear fitted camo pants or skirts with high heels,sandals or boots!). And then there's the people who actually need to wear it.. army folks! There are many diff. ways you can play with camo clothing to change the look around. I dunno... that's just my guess! B)

I don't have the energy right now to explain why fashion and military go hand in hand, just research Burberry, and the trenchcoat.

i'm not a fan of this look for myself, but I think it represents, ironically enough, anti-establishment... which is the epitome of cool for a lot of people.

Originally posted by AlexN@Oct 17 2004, 01:00 AM
What gives camo its staying power? I have no idea; I find it hideous.
[snapback]399352[/snapback]​

THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANK YOU.

The only people allowed to wear this are the men and women of the US army, and Beyonce in the Survivor video.
End of story.

Originally posted by marcXcore@Oct 22 2004, 01:09 AM
THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANK YOU.

The only people allowed to wear this are the men and women of the US army, and Beyonce in the Survivor video.
End of story.
[snapback]403840[/snapback]​
I find its ok for the Norwegian army to wear it too :P

Other than that I have a cropped camo pant, I wear it with light brown suede boots and a small white T-shirt and I feel great :innocent:

Originally posted by ELLE_ME@Oct 23 2004, 05:03 PM
I find its ok for the Norwegian army to wear it too :P

Other than that I have a cropped camo pant, I wear it with light brown suede boots and a small white T-shirt and I feel great :innocent:
[snapback]405166[/snapback]​

Judging by your avatar, you could wear a burlap sack and you'd still look quite sizzlin'.
:brows:

Originally posted by marcXcore@Oct 24 2004, 01:45 PM
Judging by your avatar, you could wear a burlap sack and you'd still look quite sizzlin'.
:brows:
[snapback]405364[/snapback]​
Thank you :blush:

I think it's also the mysterious sex appeal behind it. Women and Flamboyant Gentlemen sometimes have a thing for men in camo. And it is versatile in design. You can find it in the average camo attire, or you can find it in bikinni style for the men and women, and it is something that is equated with respect, verility, and strength. Another reason people might be attracted to it. You will find that fashion tends too, on many different levels, define the person. A man may feel sexier when he wears a flannel with the arms cut off and his chest bulging out the top :rolleyes: . Another man may feel more sexy wearing a tux looking like Prince Charming :woot: . A woman may feel sexier going to the gymn wearing a warm--up suit with a thong back, where as another woman may feel sexy going to the office wearing a suit and matching skirt. Another woman may feel sexy in a pair of jeans that shows her figure with an equally complimentary top.

It's the same with Construction workers, what's so appealing about them? A lot of them are out of shape and skanky, but a lot of women and Flamboyant Gentlemen seem to like that sweaty, matted look in overalls and tan suede steel toed shoes with the hard hat. (YUCK!) :yuk:

I think it's the implication behind the imagination.

I don't think anyone who isn't army related should wear Camo from top to bottom. I have one tank top that I just adore. Pair it with jeans and boots and you are set. But it isn't something you wear everyday. For me, I have to be in the mood to wear it.

I only like camo when it comes in other colours like pink or blue, otherwise i don´t like it.
Specially in times of war (Iraq) like nowadays.

Camo print leggings are at Papaya, and online in tights at Hottopic.com and at sock-dreams.com. Also at The Sock Man.com (k. bell) and the joy of socks.com (k. bell). For thermals, soldiercity.com, rei.com, amd maybe a few others. Target has some cotton type leggings in camo print too ( no elastic at the bottom but fits well when worn. Any help on wrestling camo print tights let me know.. Looking for them with drawstring, otherwise will get rei or soldier city or sock-dreams brands.

Camo is possibly the worst thing ever unleashed upon fashion, it was cool when Madonna dressed as Patty Hearst, but for daywear...NEVER...

Abercrombie is still cranking out camo cargo shorts, which don't get much worse, unless paired with a pale blue button down shirt (as one of thier SAs did today)

I don't understand the appeal of making it seem as if you are in the military.

Camo mini skirts and bikinis? :sick:

I find it pretty hideous most of the time. Abercrombie has camo shirts and pants, for guys it's not as bad, but on girls, it doesn't look too great on them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adspttsa
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->