80's Fashion

The make up was a bit wild but fun to do if your in your teens I think. I used to make my eyes all rainbow colors bringing the shadow way up on the side of my temple lol.

Like it has been mentioned, 80s fashion can be good. You just have to step away from the obvious (and horrible) trends of the time.

i lived through it hun...trust me...on this one........lol..

disco54 said:
i lived through it hun...trust me...on this one........lol..

Funny, so did I... and yet, my opinion is different than yours... go figure. :wink:

I am also noticing 80's influences in taloring (suits, tuxes etc.) the big chunky boots that are about atm (think marc jacobs f/w 06), neon colours, plastic jewlary, berets .. always make me think 80's, plaids,checks and tartains always make me think 80's, and the whole modern gothic look vibe is very 80's to me.. in fact alot of things have an 80's vibe atm.. i cba going on anymore but i am thinking the 80's vibe is bigger then ever (oviously after the actual 80's them selves :P)

I kind of like seeing 80s' inspired fashions, since I was born in the 80s' it's kind of fun and comforting to see things go back to they way they were when you were a kid, if only just a little. ^_^

kisa said:
I kind of like seeing 80s' inspired fashions, since I was born in the 80s' it's kind of fun and comforting to see things go back to they way they were when you were a kid, if only just a little. ^_^
i agree i was born in the 80's to and i love seeing 80's inspired fashion

here some 80's inspired fashion

betsey johnson

style.com

tangerine...i didnt know your a girl...you wore 80s womens fashion like i did back in the day awesome,so you knew how it felt and looked...lol...well anyways i have to admit some of the pics look decent but mind you what some of the wearable clothing from the 80s actually started in the late 70s ,ie animal prints i remember were huge in 76-78,jeans tucked into boots big tops in 1978 paired with leggings were popular in discos , watch chics video le freak ( 1978) and you will see what i mean.

those gucci photos are actually based on late 70s studio 54..again blurring of decades...that brown and white dress in that photo looks different...

mm85, please provide proper credits for your scans as specified in the guidelines, thanks! :flower:

disco54, men also wore clothes and saw women wearing clothes in the 80s! :wink:

rayder, great pics as always! Thank you! :woot:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adspttsa
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->