Capucci S/S 2004 - Milan

00060.L.JPG
00062.L.JPG

I like the jacket

37023502_2.jpg
38012653_2.jpg

images of individual pieces of clothing from yoox.com

oh boy...
some of those pieces you posted are great cerfas...
thanks!!...:heart:

You're welcome, Softgrey!
I thought at least some of the members here would like this better than what he does for his own line
It's really funny that this label would have picked him though, he's a designer that I didn't think would be able to/would even want to adapt his own style to something more mainstream (or maybe legible is a better word?). I never would have thought of him as a natural choice for a company looking to revive their image.
Of course, I think it was a great decision. Surprising though.

Last edited by a moderator:
i do like it better than some of his stuff for his own collection...
and i completely agree that it was a surprising arrangement on both parts...

I don't want to say I liked it better but I certainly loved what he did. I mean it was still very much Bernhard and all his quirkiness...just a subdued version. And I think working in that way at Capucci gave people a chance to really "see" his amazing skills.

I like these pictures you posted. I especially find myself drawn to the polka-dot pieces and that trench coat.

Have you seen the A/W 03 yet cerfas? That was the first one and was my favorite...

I haven't seen A/W 03. Do you have pictures, Scott?
And yes, my thoughts exactly on his work with them.
I think the polka dot dress is the same cut as the green one in the runway photos that I showed two views of...It's a great cut. I like the jackets. a lot.

Scott said:
I don't want to say I liked it better but I certainly loved what he did. I mean it was still very much Bernhard and all his quirkiness...just a subdued version. And I think working in that way at Capucci gave people a chance to really "see" his amazing skills.

I like these pictures you posted. I especially find myself drawn to the polka-dot pieces and that trench coat.

Have you seen the A/W 03 yet cerfas? That was the first one and was my favorite...

I think what si ncie about Capucci , as aposed to his own line, is that he focused alot on form and shape , where i think soem tiems taht get's over shadowed by the decoration and fantasy of his line.I love them both, so I don't really compare wich is better/wich is worse.

Exactly. I think now more than when he first started(because it is so much more post-modern than the more organic way he worked then),his imagery and the irony sometimes overshadow what he actually does.

A/W 03...:lol:...that was actually the one you posted on the other thread and I didn't notice till after I posted.

cerfas said:
I thought at least some of the members here would like this better than what he does for his own line.

It's really funny that this label would have picked him though, he's a designer that I didn't think would be able to/would even want to adapt his own style to something more mainstream (or maybe legible is a better word?). I never would have thought of him as a natural choice for a company looking to revive their image.

i absolutely agree, his work for Capucci, was so much better than what he did for his own line.. as for Capucci's choice it was a true clever one, since it brought label awareness to a 'fashion forward' crowd.

for this specific collection, i didnt like the sporty attitude, even though BW did some genious deconstruction there.. the sneakers almost bother me and the redone polos are so NOT in the Capucci mood.
still, many little items i wouldnt mind having in my wardrobe...

btw, who's taking over Capucci now?

thanks for the topic and the photos cerfas :flower:

softgrey said:
i do like it better than some of his stuff for his own collection...
and i completely agree that it was a surprising arrangement on both parts...

I think his forward pushing design philosophy coupled with Capucci's more reserved restrictions brought out some extremely clever design solutions that aren't typically realized in his own line. I do actually like this more than his own line. Bernhard Willhelm can be very hard to wear sometimes. His work for Cappuci is much more accesible. I agree with spacemiu, I don't think anyone is better than the other. They are apples and oranges and have seperate and distinct qualities.

Scott,
Haha, so many numbers and so little brain space! That's funny.
You're welcome, Lena. I actually don't like this stuff better per se, but it's quite different than his own line and I thought given the recent Bernhard-backlash I've seen around here, he deserved a little appreciation.

Lena said:
for this specific collection, i didnt like the sporty attitude, even though BW did some genious deconstruction there.. the sneakers almost bother me and the redone polos are so NOT in the Capucci mood.
still, many little items i wouldnt mind having in my wardrobe...

totally agree on the sporty thing.... I don't lik ethat either

I tried on some Capucci in winter - it was lovely to wear - it was the first time I really noticed it & I really liked what I saw.

Thanks for the topic!!:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
violette28
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->