Cara Taylor

She was part of Ford NY's show package but didn't do any shows this past week. Brands like Brandon Maxwell, Carolina Herrera, Michael Kors, and Proenza Schouler use to love her.

Anybody know what's up? I feel like her career hasn't been the same since the pixie/bleach blonde look, or she just chose to step back from modeling. Her portfolio with Next NY is still live on their site even after half a year being with Ford so I wonder if that has anything to do with it.
I don't know what happened but since last year, she is rarely used. I think that France didn't embrace her and American designers are heavily influenced by them. She has one of the best walks in the business and kills it on the runway but they must not care about that.

She just got taken off the Top 50 models on models.com. Very sad.
Those lists are just pretty random... And I don't like the idea of "ranking" models (=human beings). Rankings are even gross when it comes to cattle.

But I'm just smitten with some of the last pics posted. Catalogue stuff. Catalogue stuff being far above lots of magazine editorials.
Makes me think of some wild talk we had with @mariemaud back when Cara started her modeling career. I did have doubts... and now I know how wrong I used to be back then haha.

Those lists are just pretty random... And I don't like the idea of "ranking" models (=human beings). Rankings are even gross when it comes to cattle.

But I'm just smitten with some of the last pics posted. Catalogue stuff. Catalogue stuff being far above lots of magazine editorials.
Makes me think of some wild talk we had with @mariemaud back when Cara started her modeling career. I did have doubts... and now I know how wrong I used to be back then haha.
She seems to be one of the sweetest models in the business, which is one of the reasons I like her. That and her androgynous look.

I think, disregarding and personal choices she have made to scale back, if I were to hypothesize as to why she has faded - I think she, along with a few other girls like Kris Grikaite and Birgit Kos (who all debuted around the same time with the same Prada cut) are simply too beautiful for what the industry is looking for right now.

And especially for her and Birgit - they're so womanly, so athletic and thoroughbred looking. The kind of beauty that these three girls have is intimidating and fashion now can't handle that. If it were 2003, they'd be up there at the top with the rest of the girls we know and love from that era. But, now, the industry wants gangly, inoffensive, very young and forgettable looking girls.

I think, disregarding and personal choices she have made to scale back, if I were to hypothesize as to why she has faded - I think she, along with a few other girls like Kris Grikaite and Birgit Kos (who all debuted around the same time with the same Prada cut) are simply too beautiful for what the industry is looking for right now.

And especially for her and Birgit - they're so womanly, so athletic and thoroughbred looking. The kind of beauty that these three girls have is intimidating and fashion now can't handle that. If it were 2003, they'd be up there at the top with the rest of the girls we know and love from that era. But, now, the industry wants gangly, inoffensive, very young and forgettable looking girls.
Yikes! Typo city!

*I think, disregarding ANY personal choices she MAY have made to scale back...

You are right. Even though she is super skinny, she looks very healthy. She has a powerful build, which I think made her a great runway model. She doesn't look gangly at all and she has breasts, unlike some of the others.

It's probably just the natural fashion cycle. The push for new faces is so relentless. Aside from the other models already mentioned, America Gonzalez was nowhere to be seen during NYFW. Yasmin W, one of the best walkers in the biz, has been absent for a few seasons now except from some third-tier designers. Even Imaan H seems to be slowing down, not just on the walkway but in editorials and campaigns. Cara may not be able to book the top-tier blue chip jobs any longer but hopefully Ford can get her jobs with smaller, buzzy brands to revive her portfolio and get her face and name back in the minds of photographers, casting directors and editors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->