Carmen Solomons

wow what a unique look and I like that she can do both super commercial and super edgy

way to hit it outta the park:buzz::clap::buzz:

She looks PHENOMENAL & i hope this means we'll get to see A LOT more of her^_^

Ooooh this Numéro cover is GREAT news :woot: love it! The dark lips look fab on her ^_^

and so marks the beginning of what will soon be an explosive career...

Is she bi-racial? She has such an interesting face, she's stunningly gorgeous.

Numéro Thailand #5 April 2013

Glacier
Photo : Thananon Thanakornkarn
Style : Sirivong Sukasemsin
Style assistants : Watcharee Wachiramaykin, Chawalnich Dusapabutr and Narekarn Aukraranittichavanon
Makeup : Surapree Achirakul
Hair : Santipong Kwanseng
Model : Carmen Solomons

scanned by me

Last edited by a moderator:
everything in this editorial is distracting. She looks great, but I find it hard to focus just on her.

^ I agree. I'm just so happy to see new work from her. Very surprising. for a sec I thought she was no longer modeling

she's AMAZING:buzz:.. Now that she's finished with school i really hope she becomes HUGE^_^

She would have been a perfect choice for the last Prada Men show.. more than perfect actually. Such a stunner in that new ed.

ph: Victor Wagner
dc76fbd2735111410579fdfe7159ed1d.jpg

90ae5e943ec28f7d817448942ef96214.jpg

6d3f7c373cf5ac56501c522e7b2c9508.jpg

8d32388450ef3e08c1d3b0a0f37e98f0.jpg

0a075f54ffdbb53ecf56e9fe08682774.jpg

362a5b73d55b2863f41c0a306ea1633d.jpg

Source: behance.net

This girl needs an major agency switch:ninja:. With a face like that it's BEYOND comprehension why she isn't getting more attention:judge:. She FANTASTIC:wub:. I could easily see her walking Prada/Givenchy shows:P

Last edited by a moderator:
She looks so amazing in beauty campaigns! She needs to book Estee Lauder, Chanel, Givenchy etc. She is extremely versatile.

the problem is she is like 5'5". a lot of markets like New York don't really like short girls. These days if you don't make it in New York, you aren't going to be a super model or money girl. It's all about VS and SI. It's really hard to be a "brand" without one of those or at least a gimmick.

London, Sydney, and Capetown are really the only markets who would ever put a 5'7" or shorter model on the image board and really push for her to be an editorial model. If she was American, she would be doing second rate catalog work and the only editorials she would get are Maxim and FHM type work. Her agencies aren't really working for her. She needs to move to Ice Models. They will place her with lots of agencies in Europe. She has the same problem as many of the 5'7" and 5'8" models have in Paris, Milan, and New York. Intially, they get some good work. Some nice editorial and then they get stuck in ecommerce hell while the runway girls make a name for themselves and their sexy and willing to do anything counterparts do VS, Maxim, FHM, SI, etc. (think xenia deli, nina agdal, kate upton)

Carmen has the editorial look but can't do runway and she is too editorial for most commercial clients. She is stuck in the middle and its sad. When did every editorial model become 5'11" and taller to be successful? Sometimes the shorter girls are better than the tall girls. Just because your tall and a sample size doesn't mean you should be a model. When I look at model agency boards, there are girl who look so similar I sometimes have difficulty telling them apart. Half the time, they aren't pretty. I know there are plenty of models who aren't conventionally pretty but have a unique look but a lot of these girls are hideous or have really bad bodies. I see girls who looked disfigured and have all these agencies because they have a good mother agency behind them and girls who have what it takes slip through the cracks because agencies in Milan, Paris, London, New York, etc won't give them a chance.

Either she dyes her hair (maybe blonde or brown) and do the whole commercial lingerie thing or she goes to Ice. Vision basically is Boss now so she can't do that. She can't go to Outlaws because there is a girl similar to her on their boards. Full Circle will make her too commercial but she might be able to nab SI which could be good for her but not my choice for her. Max might be good for her but they haven't really had any success parlaying a models career to the states. Also, I don't think New York is going to do her any justice. I think she has to try LA. I think she is sexy enough to do well there. I just want her to get the hell out of South Africa. We know you can get editorial work there. Now let's work on somewhere else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derekz7
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->