Carmen Solomons

Imho, its all about skin color. If she was blond and blue eyed, she would be red hot in the modeling world. There's a lot of extremely successful "shorter" supermodels out there. Kate Moss, Laetitia Casta, Devon Aoki, just to name a few. She's gorgeous and has a stunning presence in print, its just too bad that that industry is still so color blind.

lovely h&m edit, and thanks for sharing your thoughts on her career situation.

I don't think its her skin color at all. Eileen Ford told Angie Everhart, "Redheads Don't Make It". Every once in a while you will get a Cinita or Lily Cole who will do well but they never do as well as the brunette or the blondes regardless of skin color. Look how many mixed race or racial/ethnically ambiguous models are in the industry. A black girl with green or blue eyes always does well. I think its the height more than anything. The hair is only an issue if she wants to successfully commercially in the US. None of this would be an issue if she started dating an American celebrity like every other VS and SI model. Then, nothing would matter. She would have so much exposure that she could do anything she wanted which is pretty much how this industry is going these days. Sad but true. :(

errol-douglas-afro-hair-salon.jpg

source: afroblush.com

Imho, its all about skin color. If she was blond and blue eyed, she would be red hot in the modeling world. There's a lot of extremely successful "shorter" supermodels out there. Kate Moss, Laetitia Casta, Devon Aoki, just to name a few. She's gorgeous and has a stunning presence in print, its just too bad that that industry is still so color blind.

I get this feeling too. It's not very much about height, although it IS a problem...but look how many short girls do well if they have a great look. I can only think of one non white short model who is around 5'6". Look at Amanda Norgaard for example as a short/white model who is 5'5"-5'6" max (seen her before in person REALLY short)and it wasn't that tough for her to book not only good money jobs and editorial work, but also runway!

Factice Magazine | October 2014
"Orange is the New Black"
Photographer: Ulrich Hartmann

devoutfashion

She's gotten a lot of traction on Instagram lately. She moved to LA back in January with Elite and has been working nonstop since! She has now switch from elite to photogenics (not really sure why cause she was still working a lot). Whoever said moving to la might be good for her career was right. She's book lots of editorials, print work, etc. I can't post pics now but she's been doing so well!

Not sure who else she's with but so far I have
Boss SA
Major NY
Photogenics LA
Hefner Seattle
Stars San Francisco

She's gotten a lot of traction on Instagram lately. She moved to LA back in January with Elite and has been working nonstop since! She has now switch from elite to photogenics (not really sure why cause she was still working a lot). Whoever said moving to la might be good for her career was right. She's book lots of editorials, print work, etc. I can't post pics now but she's been doing so well!

Not sure who else she's with but so far I have
Boss SA
Major NY
Photogenics LA
Hefner Seattle
Stars San Francisco

Also with
Body & Soul Vienna

She used to be signed with more agencies in Europe and than she disappeared a few years ago. She was just with Boss and Body & Soul for awhile. I just assumed she retired or was semiretired going to university. Then, she was signed to Elite LA and Stars for a bit and seems to be collecting more agencies since.

Also with
Body & Soul Vienna

She used to be signed with more agencies in Europe and than she disappeared a few years ago. She was just with Boss and Body & Soul for awhile. I just assumed she retired or was semiretired going to university. Then, she was signed to Elite LA and Stars for a bit and seems to be collecting more agencies since.

Just a few weeks ago she met with Scott Lips from One NY so I wouldnt be surprised if she's ended up signing with them soon (though it's not my preferred). Either way I'm hoping she'll move to NY soon so she'll really take off

This one has really been a slow burn but I'm glad her momentum keeps building. Too unique not to book!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Realktz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"