Carolina Herrera Resort 2010

fierceboi

Reaction score
Ladylike chic is what one expects from a Carolina Herrera collection, so it was hard to decipher what the designer was trying to say with her abundant use of hardware. Working a bold palette of hazard orange and gray, Herrera showed body-conscious dresses, lean skirts decorated to the nines with shiny gold beads, grommets and lacing. While the motif delivered a chic gutsiness that stopped well short of tough, it at times felt clunky, as when wide, grommeted suede belts weighed down a blouse-and-jacquard pants combo and an otherwise lovely wool sheath. But then, Herrera is obviously feeling confident: Her array of grand gowns indicated that come November, she expects her clients to have plenty to celebrate.

Source WWD

Last edited by a moderator:
The pics
Ladylike chic is what one expects from a Carolina Herrera collection, so it was hard to decipher what the designer was trying to say with her abundant use of hardware. Working a bold palette of hazard orange and gray, Herrera showed body-conscious dresses, lean skirts decorated to the nines with shiny gold beads, grommets and lacing. While the motif delivered a chic gutsiness that stopped well short of tough, it at times felt clunky, as when wide, grommeted suede belts weighed down a blouse-and-jacquard pants combo and an otherwise lovely wool sheath. But then, Herrera is obviously feeling confident: Her array of grand gowns indicated that come November, she expects her clients to have plenty to celebrate.

Source WWD

Attachments

• carolina_herrera01.jpg
    carolina_herrera01.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 1
  • carolina_herrera03.jpg
    carolina_herrera03.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 6
  • carolina_herrera05.jpg
    carolina_herrera05.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 4
  • carolina_herrera07.jpg
    carolina_herrera07.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 2
  • carolina_herrera09.jpg
    carolina_herrera09.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 0
i love the orange grey combo. in fact, i frequently wear it myself.

this is resort perfection.

Interesting collection. I like that punch of Orange. It's different. Especially with grey

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryJC
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->