Carolina Herrera S/S 2008 : Carolina Herrera Jr. by Mario Sorrenti

MissMagAddict

Reaction score
Source | WWD | January 28, 2008

2224639683_356df2422d.jpg

The spring campaign for Carolina Herrera is the designer's favorite to date — although she admits that's usually the case until the next one comes along. "Fashion changes and you have to forget the last one and move forward. This is very new and reflects the collection so well," said Carolina Herrera. And while the designs are always changing, she has kept the face of the brand consistent with her daughter, Carolina Herrera Jr. This is the third season the younger Herrera has been shot by photographer Mario Sorrenti. She told WWD the current campaign is also her favorite. "I barely had any makeup, we shot it really fast and when I saw the pictures I liked all of them, plus I think one really gets a sense of spring," she said, adding she loves working with Sorrenti because he doesn't ask her to pose like a model. "The day Mario doesn't shoot the campaign, I quit."

The designer has continued to feature her daughter in the campaigns because she represents the customer. "She is sophisticated and modern looking but also a mother of two, married and lives in Spain; she does so much." Sorrenti came up with the idea to feature a backdrop of bright colors in the new images, to reflect a collection that was inspired by the watercolors of Jeremiah Goodman. "The line this season incorporated beautiful floral prints, which inspired me to want to incorporate flowers into the imagery of the campaign," said Sorrenti. "Flowers are such a classical symbol of beauty and elegance." The campaign will run in the March issues of Town & Country, Vogue, Harper's Bazaar, W and Elle.

This one is very beautiful! Thanks!

it looks okay but I don't think the contrast between the b/w image and the coloured flowers work.

Boring for me need back a model in Carolina Herrera campaing

Why can't they use model? Duh..

This whole designer-daughter thing reminds me of Blair Waldorf and her mother in Gossip Girl :lol:

OFF-TOPIC :ninja:

this would of been a lot more interesting with a model

More images from the campaign! The colors are gorgeous :heart:.

Scanned by me from Elle US March

Scans by me of the previous campaign she was in for her mom's line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->